[Template] xTeVe Template

Alazare619

• 3 months later...

Hey everyone, I love this container!

The only issue I faced was that Plex tends to cache the channel lists and EPG, even though I changed some channels in xTeVe (meaning I won't always see my updated channel lists). Perhaps this was only a problem for me? If you don't experience this behavior, you won't need this script.

The solution for this was to create a small batch file that I run on my windows computer that clears the plex cache and existing DVR database files. Run the following script AFTER removing the DVR from plex. Then just re-add the DVR. It will take some time to download the new EPG data of course as normal.

pushd \\UNRAIDSHARE\plex\Library\Application Support\Plex Media Server\Cache\Http\
rmdir /S tv.plex.providers.epg.xmltv
popd
pushd \\UNRAIDSHARE\plex\Library\Application Support\Plex Media Server\Plug-in Support\Databases
del *epg.xmltv*
popd

Replace UNRAIDSHARE with your location of your plex folder on your unraid server.

Not sure how useful this is for anyone else, or if this is the most efficient way to do it... but it CERTAINLY makes setup of new channels much easier for me.

Edited by amp3d
  • 2 months later...
1 minute ago, grizlyadams said:

does this have to run in host mode (not bridged?) - when i install xteve (I'm confused as to which one of the many many many xteves are listed in CA) it does not create directories and in host mode has no access to other directories in unraid..

which xteve docker should i be installing?

I use the one by alturismo/xteve. I run mine in host mode.

Just now, scubieman said:

You really dont need xteve for IPTV to work with emby(if i remember). I use xteve since it filters most channels i dont care about out.,

if you need help just ask.

i had emby set up with just the m3u file from my iptv provider, but the channel mappings are absolutely rubbish (no channel numbers in the m3u file, and I have no idea where to find the correct channel numbers and add them) but, more importantly, out of the tens of thousands of channels listed in the m3u file I want less than 30 ( i really don't need arab, pakistani, most of the USA channels etc etc - all i want is sports, well motorsports , not football, or american football, etc) and I couldn'te an easy way to filter using the emby channel data.  

anyway  will look more, but time to go home right now..

cheers

• Like 1

Quick guide on what I did.  Works and looks brilliantly.

I'm running alturismo/xteve in Host mode.

XTeVe
Install XTeVe in Unraid
Launch XTeVe
Click on Playlist and add your m3u file
Then Filter - this allows you to Filter IN channels based on their Grouping in the m3u file.  I have a number for each sport group I have
XMLTV - not needed for Emby
Mapping - this is where the effort is invested.  Adding the Sky Channel numbers that correspond to the Sky Channel.  Matching them correctly will allow for them to be pulled into Emby with right channel logo EPG, etc.  XMLTV file should be XTeVe Dummy.

In Emby;
Add the m3U created by xTeve.  Will probably be - http://SERVERIPADDRESS:34400/m3u/xteve.m3u as TV Source under Live TV
TV Guide Data Provider - I use SKy SD - Cable
Refresh Guide Data

Go into Emby and Live TV.  Channels should be listed with full EPG.

If you have multiple of the same channel then give them their own channel number in XTeVe and manually map the channel in Emby.

Happy to help further if I can.  My M3u is a mess but was worth the investment in time.

I can also now record m3u via Emby and you can specify a custom record path in Emby itself.

Edited by simono5
  • Like 1

thanks - will look into it more later. I got to the point of filtering and creating the m3u and setting that in emby. but that didn't work - when I set the live tv souirce to  "HD Homerun" it worked, sort of, the channels are there but no epg data.

where do you find the channel numbers to add to the m3u file? and do you add them to the m3 file or in xteve?

cheers

ok - I got it working by using and XMLTV feed as you can't channel map if using emby's EPG.

what a bloody palava - who knew simply filtering and channel mapping an m3u feed was going to be soooooooo overly complicated and such a pita.? 

It's not bad one use to it. Really you can setup once and forget it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, grizlyadams said:

Do you mean when using HD Homerun in xTeve and not XMLTV?  And go thru the 50000 channels to map them in the emby "map channels" interface, one channel at a time?

You mentioned that you wanted less than 30.  Didn't seem too many to do manually if absolutely necessary.  

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, simono5 said:

You mentioned that you wanted less than 30.  Didn't seem too many to do manually if absolutely necessary.  

That means no auto update of the iptv providers m3u, right? or would that happen at the xteve .

I'll have another look at it later - trying to do it around work duties is just adding to my increasing level of frustration and irritation with it :)

Edited by grizlyadams
5 hours ago, grizlyadams said:

That means no auto update of the iptv providers m3u, right? or would that happen at the xteve .

I'll have another look at it later - trying to do it around work duties is just adding to my increasing level of frustration and irritation with it :)

Good question and one I don't know the answer to.  I haven't had any issues with channels suddenly not working.

15 hours ago, scubieman said:

Only thing that stinks is with emby you need to pay five a month to record and watch live TV.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

oh, man, don't get me started on subscriptions; they're EVERYWHERE for EVERYTHING.

music? pay.
EPG? pay.
Newsgroup indexer? pay.
Newsgroup connection? pay.
VPN? pay.
Record tv? (on your own bloody device!). pay.
netflx? pay.
amz prime? pay.
motortrend on demand? pay.
software? pay.
ad nauseam, every month.... for the rest of your life!!  Does. My. Head. In.

It's death by a thousand cuts and starts to make Sky Q or similar look less economically onerous - the expense of Sky subs is the reason I went untethered in the first place, but that value proposition is being eroded by all the little mouths at the trough!

I have a Premiere sub to emby and have been an emby user (and voluntary contributor) since they very first started as Media Browser on MS Media Center and I was very vocal about it when they announced the subs model with the "lifetime" misnomer (it's not lifetime as any human would read it, it's their nebulous development cycle lifetime, which is not fixed; could be 18 months, could be 2 years, could be 6 months. Absolutely no definition - what a crock!

Trouble is, the time invested in getting it to where it is now with terabytes and terabytes of media means I'm tied (and they know this!) - going to another platform just brings with it a whole new level of pain and vertical learning curves that I have neither the time nor inclination for any longer (and they know this too!) 

Zen thoughts.

Edited by grizlyadams
4 minutes ago, grizlyadams said:

oh, man, don't get me started on subscriptions; they're EVERYWHERE for EVERYTHING music? pay. EPG? pay. Newsgroup indexer? pay. Newsgroup connection? pay. VPN? pay. Record tv? (on your own bloody device!). pay. - it's death by a thousand cuts. Does. My. Head. In. (and starts to make Sky Q or similar look less economically onerous - the expense of Sky subs is the reason I went untehthered in the first place, but that value proposition is being eroded by all the little mouths at the trough!

I have a Premiere sub to emby and have been an emby user (and voluntary contributor) since they very first started as Media Browser on MS Media Center and I was very vocal about it when they announced the subs model with the "lifetime" misnomer (it's not lifetime as any human would read it, it's their nebulous development cycle lifetime, which is not fixed; could be 18 months, could be 2 years, could be 6 months. Absolutely no definition - what a crock!

Trouble is, the time invested in getting it to where it is now with terabytes and terabytes of media means I'm tied (and they know this!) - going to another platform just brings with it a whole new level of pain and vertical learning curves that I have neither the time nor inclination for any longer (and they know this too!) 

Zen thoughts.

I do get EPG for free :) Through both Emby and Zap2xml.  I only watch like 4-6 channels mostly. I just wish there were better options instead of throwing my money everywhere! It would be nice to have a match and mix option . Id pay extra for it

1 minute ago, scubieman said:

I do get EPG for free :) Through both Emby and Zap2xml.  I only watch like 4-6 channels mostly. I just wish there were better options instead of throwing my money everywhere! It would be nice to have a match and mix option . Id pay extra for it

I'm just messing with the TVXML Schedules Direct unraid docker, but of course SD is subs based  :D :D