Sign in to follow this  
takkkkkkk

Any way to edit VM without having to shutdown VM first? (similar to pinning CPU)

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

I was looking to add vhd to my VM, but I realized I had to shut it down before being able to add it, since I was trying to do this from the VM, I couldn't find away of doing this (aside from having to spin up another vm...)

I realized I can now do this for CPU Pinning, when I change CPU pinning, it just reboots the VM. 
are there similar option aside from CPU pinning?

If you're running a VM as your primary machine, then you should have unRaid set to boot into GUI mode (and have any crappy old monitor / keyboard / mouse attached to the server) so that you can do stuff like this. 

4 hours ago, Squid said:

If you're running a VM as your primary machine, then you should have unRaid set to boot into GUI mode (and have any crappy old monitor / keyboard / mouse attached to the server) so that you can do stuff like this

that's exactly what I'm doing at home, but when I want to make changes remotely, that's when it fails... I'm trying to use VM@home as primary device, but yet I have to have another device on and running just so that I can make changes to the VM... 

Edited by takkkkkkk

There are some changes that can be done using virt-manager, some are on the fly and some are saved and applied at next reboot. See docker support 

• Like 1

I just use my phone to edit stuff on unraid GUI if i dont wanna open up my laptop lol.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk