Moving to a new Case

Me1ee

Hey Guys,

I've been using Unraid for awhile now and am coming up against a lack of space for all my drives.  I bought a norco 4224 to use and was planning on swapping everything into the new case.

This case uses a sas backplane as apposed to the current Frankenstein setup I have which utilizes a LSI sas card to 4 sata cables per sas cable.  Card below.

https://www.broadcom.com/products/storage/host-bus-adapters/sas-9207-8i#overview

What I'm currently struggling with is if my whole array will come back up again when I swap everything over even if I'm using different cabling and a different drive enclosure setup.  Anything connected to the sas card would go into the new enclosure still tied back to the card, just all under 2 sas to sas cables.  Everything I've read so far is to play it safe and back it up somewhere and push it to a new server, but thats going to require more drives and more hardware.  I'll do that if I have to but I'd rather not have to go through the hassle if I'm just overthinking this.  Thoughts?

Also, if I have to go the new server route and I use the trial to set it up is it easy enough to transfer my license to that server?

Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback, you're right.  Everything showed back up again after transfer.  It didn't matter if it moved from being connected to mobo sata to the sas card either.  Everything picked up and I'm back in business with much more drive expansion space :)