Temporary USB stick.

Hello,

I'm trying to test out unraid on some hardware and have a playabout before my my proper hardware comes in.

Is it possibly to install unraid on one USB stick with a licence key and then use a different USB stick afterwards and use the same licence key on both.

For some reason my USB says when I try to register for a trial?

Sorry, an error (403) occurred registering USB Flash BLANKED OUT

The error is: GUID 'BLANKED OUT' is already registered to another user

Thank you

Hi there,

You can absolutely register a trial on one usb, then when you're ready to purchase, backup your flash device from the webgui, obtain your new flash device, and then use the flash creator to restore your backup to the new flash device. When it boots up, you'll be able to purchase a registration key for the new flash.

Note:. You will not be able to use your old config with the new flash unless you purchase a registration key for the new flash. You cannot transfer your Unraid configuration to a trial registration key.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Smadger said:

Hello,

I'm trying to test out unraid on some hardware and have a playabout before my my proper hardware comes in.

Is it possibly to install unraid on one USB stick with a licence key and then use a different USB stick afterwards and use the same licence key on both.

For some reason my USB says when I try to register for a trial?

Sorry, an error (403) occurred registering USB Flash BLANKED OUT

The error is: GUID 'BLANKED OUT' is already registered to another user

Thank you

One requirement for a USB stick to be used with Unraid is that it have a unique GUID as the license key is tied to the GUID of the USB stick.   Some manufacturers do not give their USB sticks unique GUID’s and so are not suitable for running Unraid.    That error message suggests the USB stick you are trying to use falls into that category.

Unraid provides a mechanism for transferring a license from one USB drive to another if required, to protect users against failures of the USB stick.   After the transfer the original GUID will be blacklisted to stop the same license being used simultaneously on multiple USB sticks.