Solved Swapping array drive

I have a drive in Disk 1 that I want to be my priority drive. Then I want to put that drive as Priority drive. Right now I am moving everything off that drive with the plugin unbalance. Just wondering what would be easiest way to do this? I was going to add new drive first then clean the other then move that as priority but didn't know if there was a easier way to change out array.

The drive i am taking out is older and its also is connected and sitting on the server vs sitting in the hotswappable bay and thats why i want to make this change. if someone bumps this drive I would rather have that since its cheaper to replace

Both drives are 2tb

Edited by scubieman
8 hours ago, scubieman said:

The one that protects the array in case of drive failure

Ahh, parity drive! Now what you are saying makes more sense to me.

9 hours ago, scubieman said:

It appears what I could do is move everything off the drive, use new config to forget array. dont assign this drive again as drive a.

Then put drives to where i want

then start build of array and priority?
That sound right?

Sounds right. Also, instead of calling the first data drive "drive a", typically it would be referred to as "Disk 1"

Using established terminology based on what appears next to the drives in the unraid GUI will reduce confusion in the future. 🙂

2 hours ago, jonathanm said:

Ahh, parity drive! Now what you are saying makes more sense to me.

Sounds right. Also, instead of calling the first data drive "drive a", typically it would be referred to as "Disk 1"

Using established terminology based on what appears next to the drives in the unraid GUI will reduce confusion in the future. 🙂

Fixed :P