Parity drive upgrade

22 minutes ago, French-Guy said:

OK, so got my WD 4TB Easystore. Still not opened, so I don't know if it's going to be Blue, Red, White, Green, etc...

But assuming I keep it to replace Disk2, I just need to do what I did for Disk3:

-) Take Disk 2 out

-) Install new 4TB drive in bay

-) Assign new 4TB drive to Disk 2

-) Start the array and let rebuild data?

Yes

• 4 weeks later...

Hello

I'm trying to move the content of Disk 3 to Disk 1 with unBalance plugin, to be able to format Disk 3 in xfs 

( I just did the same for Disk1 to Disk 2 this night to format Disk1 in xfs, and it went well)

unbalance.thumb.JPG.a8dbdee486658877e210adfab7360965.JPG

But when I click on "Plan", nothing seems to happen......Other than the icon on the top right corner (color stripes) is "pumping"

773256099_colorstripes.JPG.063ff5eff997ca30840ff7b9e62a4de5.JPG

Am I doing something wrong?

Does it has something to do with the folder "system"?

Thanks

48 minutes ago, French-Guy said:

Hello

I'm trying to move the content of Disk 3 to Disk 1 with unBalance plugin, to be able to format Disk 3 in xfs 

( I just did the same for Disk1 to Disk 2 this night to format Disk1 in xfs, and it went well)

unbalance.thumb.JPG.a8dbdee486658877e210adfab7360965.JPG

But when I click on "Plan", nothing seems to happen......Other than the icon on the top right corner (color stripes) is "pumping"

773256099_colorstripes.JPG.063ff5eff997ca30840ff7b9e62a4de5.JPG

Am I doing something wrong?

Does it has something to do with the folder "system"?

Thanks

Normally system is on cache. Do you have a cache drive? Your latest reply is nearly a month later and I haven't reviewed the thread.

You might have to go to the support thread for Unbalance. I don't use it.

No cache yet, but planning to add 1 (or 2 for a cache pool)

I watched Space Invader tutorial, very instructive (by the way, I've posted on the forum about using the Inland Pro from Microcenter - Is it an OK SSD or should I avoid it. Also, not sure if I should go with 2 x 240GB or 2 x 480GB though)

About unBalance, I tried again but this time from Disk3 to Disk2, and it seems to work "normally". It's copying now.......Will see what I get when completed (hoping no error message 🙄)