Two instances of the same app (Solved)

EDalcin

Hi Folks,

I'm wondering if is possible to install the same Application twice, using different {ports, paths, configs}.

I'm using the "Community Applications" and there is no option of "Install". Just "Reinstall".

How to do it? Is it possible?

Thanks in advance

Eduardo

Edited by EDalcin
1 hour ago, EDalcin said:

Hi Folks,

I'm wondering if is possible to install the same Application twice, using different {ports, paths, configs}.

I'm using the "Community Applications" and there is no option of "Install". Just "Reinstall".

How to do it? Is it possible?

Thanks in advance

Eduardo

Yes, you can do this but during the install you need to give at least one it a new name (as well as different config options).    I do it with two MyMediaForAlexa containers because I want one to handle Music and the other AudioBooks. 

• Upvote 1

There are many perfectly good reasons to run multiple of the same dockers, and that is part of the great flexibility Docker affords us.

I have had to duplicate a docker recently for a mariadb docker because one application I'm installing only works with a older maridb versions.

This is how I set it up only recently, the instance you create below is your new instance.

On 10/8/2018 at 6:29 AM, Squid said:

On Apps, Installed Apps, click the icon that says "Reinstall Using Defaults", change the name etc.

Notable things I had to change on my "duplicate" docker:

• Docker name
  • Docker config folder
  • Docker external port number

There may be other things you need to change for specific apps, but this should be the bare minimum.

Edited by tjb_altf4
On 11/20/2018 at 7:44 AM, plantsandbinary said:

Why would you want to do this? There's a specific way to configure a container if you want to run it like there would be two instances of it. However it's better to run just one with a custom config.

What's your use case?

Many cases. For example, have two different game servers (McMyAdmin app) at the same machine.

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...
9 hours ago, tony8211 said:

I'm not finding the "reinstall using defaults" icon on the Apps->Installed apps page. What am I missing.

7 hours ago, ChatNoir said:

This was 2.5 years ago, this might have been removed from CA.

@Squid ?

The option now needs to be enabled in CA settings to be visible, however using the "Add container" button on the docker screen is actually an easier method (that I later discovered).

• 7 months later...

hey!!

im still very new to unraid, im looking to do multiple instances of handbrake. im having trouble getting them to cooporate!! can you guys walk me through how to set things up?? ive got as far as getting them installed in seperate dockers, but i think the port settings are the problem.....i dont know what/how to change them to. any help would be fantastic!!

chris

• 1 month later...

Can I have two copied of a docker container (SABNZB)?

On one I was thinking of downloading to RAM (only one file at a time) and the other to the array if i am downloading more than one file  (which would cause the RAM to  fill up)?

If possible could a person just shutdown one docker, abd then start up the other docker?

All I could think of is just having each docker with a different name

Rod