Need FTP Server Setup Help

deuxcolors

Hey everyone.

I'm trying to get FTP set up on my machine, and I am pulling my hair out trying to understand how it works.
The use case is that family (and myself on rare occasions) can access certain folders on the server.

I can't find anything on how to set it up... I'm running the latest update of unRAID, and I have letsencrypt docker if that affects anything.

I'm looking to have it configured as userA has access to, and download from, folder 1 2 and 3, userB has access to folder 2 3 and 4, and both can upload files to folder 5.

Thanks for the help.

The built in ftp server doesn’t offer this level of security. AFAIK it’s basically full access to everything for authorized users.

You might try one of the ftp dockers. Haven’t used them so really can’t make a recommendation.

Another option might be to use SMB rather than FTP. You can create a share which contains folder 1, 2 & 3 and give user1 read/write access. Another share which contains folder 4, 5 & 6 and user2 has read/write access. SMB provides much finer access control.