UnRaid Upgrade *Solved*

I will be headed to my parents home for turkey day and I am thinking on upgrading their unRaid server manually. I have not done it that way in quite awhile but I think in this case I will be forced to. I control this server remotely by a VM running on said server and using teamviewer, so normally if anything were to go wrong, I would need to enlist their help. But since I will be there this weekend I figured I would do it while I was there. When I am looking remote, I see they are running Unraid version 6.2.4. When I go into the plugin section and click check for updates, it just says no update for unraid. I know this is incorrect obviously, as my server at home is running the latest version just fine. For whatever reason, my folks server just doesn't see the update and cannot install and update automatically. Has anyone seen this issue before? Anything I should be ready for? I would like to spend most of my day eating turkey and watching Football, instead of fighting with this server if possible so I am trying to head off anything in advance if anyone has seen this issue before.  I am going to look for the manual upgrade steps on the website so that I have that ready for tomorrow as well. I obviously don't want to lose any settings on dockers or VMs and IP settings of the server itself either so i would like to get it all correct.

3 minutes ago, bardsleyb said:

they are running Unraid version 6.2.4.

Prior to 6.4, you just need to install the upgrade plugin to do it.  It's listed in the OP of the 6.6.5 announcement thread.

Be sure though and read https://forums.unraid.net/topic/66327-unraid-os-version-650-stable-release-update-notes/

That and make sure that Fix Common Problems Plugin is installed and before upgrading go to Tools and run the OS Upgrade Advisor

34 minutes ago, Squid said:

Prior to 6.4, you just need to install the upgrade plugin to do it.  It's listed in the OP of the 6.6.5 announcement thread.

Be sure though and read https://forums.unraid.net/topic/66327-unraid-os-version-650-stable-release-update-notes/

That and make sure that Fix Common Problems Plugin is installed and before upgrading go to Tools and run the OS Upgrade Advisor

Thanks a lot Squid. I have done as you suggested and the server is actually upgraded now and awaiting reboot. I will reboot it tomorrow when I arrive at the house. Thanks for all the help!

• bardsleyb changed the title to UnRaid Upgrade *Solved*