Photraveller's numerous issues

On 11/9/2018 at 5:31 AM, limetech said:

To upgrade:

If you are running any 6.4 or later release, click 'Check for Updates' on the Tools/Update OS page.

If you are running a pre-6.4 release, click 'Check for Updates' on the Plugins page.

If the above doesn't work, navigate to Plugins/Install Plugin, select/copy/paste this plugin URL and click Install:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/stable/unRAIDServer.plg

Refer also to @ljm42 excellent 6.4 Update Notes which are helpful especially if you are upgrading from a pre-6.4 release.

BIOS: Especially if using Virtual Machines, we highly recommend keeping your motherboard bios up-to-date.

Bugs: If you discover a bug or other issue new to this release, please open a Stable Releases Bug Report.

Version 6.6.5 2018-11-08

Management:

• bug fix: crond was not getting started
  • webgui: Black and White theme: display arrow in select field

Version 6.6.4 2018-11-07

Base distro:

• curl: version 7.62.0 (CVE-2018-16839, CVE-2018-16840, CVE-2018-16842)
  • dcron: version 4.5 (rev 5) (reversion)
  • openssh: version 7.9p1
  • openssl: version 1.1.1
  • openssl-solibs: version 1.1.1

Linux kernel:

• version 4.18.17

Management:

• bug fix: desktop gui 'home page' not honoring user defined http port number
  • update smartmontools drivedb and hwdata/{pci.ids,usb.ids,oui.txt,manuf.txt}
  • webgui: Docker: changed LOG file size reading to prevent HTTP time-outs
  • webgui: improve usb device detection/parsing for vm usb list
  • webgui: Added warning when Flash device is set as public share
  • webgui: Black and White theme: simplified input & select boxes
  • webgui: VM edit: fixed overflow in cpu pinning
  • webgui: GUI: make header scrollable with floating menu
  • webgui: Add viewport meta setting for Safari
  • webgui: Viewport minimum width is 1280px
  • webgui: Hide select arrow across all browsers
  • webgui: Improved Docker and VM settings consistency
  • webgui: css correction for input & select element
  • webgui: Scroll menu: change hardcoded height to dynamic value
  • webgui: Docker styling corrections
  • webgui: jquery ui style corrections
  • webgui: Use viewport for mobile and tablet devices
  • webgui: Fixed: warning on docker container page when array is stopped
  • webgui: Diagnostics Add share storage location
  • webgui: VM manager: fixed: set memballoon model='none' if any PCI device passthrough configured

facing issues in shut down. Machine wont turn off even after shut button pressed in the webUI. And it repeats everytime. Having to a force button shut down. Have attached tower diagnostics as well.

tower-diagnostics-20181122-2337.zip

4 hours ago, ThePhotraveller said:

facing issues in shut down. Machine wont turn off even after shut button pressed in the webUI. And it repeats everytime. Having to a force button shut down. Have attached tower diagnostics as well.

tower-diagnostics-20181122-2337.zip

You are being hacked! Take your server off the internet! You have IPs from Ukraine, Netherlands, others trying to get into your server!

• Upvote 1
59 minutes ago, ThePhotraveller said:

How do i do that bro?

Do you have a router on your Network?

Do you access your server from another location besides inside of the residence where it is located?

Do you server share your Internet with anyone besides yourself or a Trusted family member?

Have you ever determined if your access to the World Wide Web is secure?  (Here is a link to site to test your security:   https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2   )    

Edited by Frank1940
10 hours ago, Frank1940 said:

Do you have a router on your Network?

Do you access your server from another location besides inside of the residence where it is located?

Do you server share your Internet with anyone besides yourself or a Trusted family member?

Have you ever determined if your access to the World Wide Web is secure?  (Here is a link to site to test your security:   https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2   )    

I do have a router and i had to access from different locations. 

I dont share internet with others than my office people.

Lemme check over the link.

7 minutes ago, ThePhotraveller said:

Have changed the dns in my tower. Still the issue with shut down exists.

Have added the tower diagnostics please go through it.

tower-diagnostics-20181124-0424.zip

Sorry I have lost track of this specific issue (you have so many going and there are lots of other people on this thread) and it doesn't seem to relate to the screenshots in the post just above this.

Could you explain what exactly you mean by "the issue with shut down exists"? Or point me to the post where you have explained it.

3 hours ago, trurl said:

Sorry I have lost track of this specific issue (you have so many going and there are lots of other people on this thread) and it doesn't seem to relate to the screenshots in the post just above this.

Could you explain what exactly you mean by "the issue with shut down exists"? Or point me to the post where you have explained it.

I ll explain afresh. 

I built a new tower that wont shut down after pressing the power down in webUI/cabinet off button.

It shows the power down buzzer once shut down button is pressed or webUI. But the pc stays on with all the fans running and LAN lights blinking all that.

I tried attaching a monitor to check whats happening. 

Attaching the image below. Also with the diagnostics taken.

(Earlier the community mentioned that the dns has to be changed from 0.0.0.0 to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 as there were hack attempts from different locations and i did change it,

Also last time the community applications could nt be installed too. I posted the issues in two different categories as they are and both resolutions were pointed to changing the dns.

Now the community application is working but shut down issue remains)

Attaching the very latest screen from monitor. 

The image after sometime the power down was clicked. It seems the unraid is shut and frozen at this screen and the machine keeps running endlessly. Once it ran for a whole night.

And very rarely it does completely shuts down too. 

I feel suspicious of the bios setting too. So am attaching the bios menu as well.

I guess everything is given here. 

This the issue with my system 1. 

Igonre other posts. 

IMG-20181124-WA0023.jpg

IMG-20181124-WA0033.jpg

IMG-20181124-WA0028.jpg

IMG-20181124-WA0029.jpg

IMG-20181124-WA0026.jpg

IMG-20181124-WA0027.jpg

IMG-20181124-WA0031.jpg

IMG-20181124-WA0032.jpg

IMG-20181124-WA0030.jpg

Edited by ThePhotraveller
Zip file replaced.
22 minutes ago, ThePhotraveller said:

It shows the power down buzzer once shut down button is pressed or webUI.

Maybe a typo or language barrier, but I don't know what you mean by "buzzer".

23 minutes ago, ThePhotraveller said:

Attaching the image below. Also with the diagnostics taken.

You have attached a diagnostics with the file type ".enc". I don't know how to open that file and don't care. Only attach the complete diagnostics ZIP exactly as downloaded from the webUI or generated from the command line, without changing it in any way.

1 hour ago, trurl said:

Maybe a typo or language barrier, but I don't know what you mean by "buzzer".

You have attached a diagnostics with the file type ".enc". I don't know how to open that file and don't care. Only attach the complete diagnostics ZIP exactly as downloaded from the webUI or generated from the command line, without changing it in any way.

1.That is the sound from the mini internal buzzer speaker which beeps when turned on/off.

2. Sorry that i dint notice. Never uploaded file from mobile device before in here . Attached and ll modify the same.

Misleading words
10 hours ago, jonathanm said:

Instead of clicking power down in the GUI, click on STOP instead. Does the GUI return after a little time with the array successfully stopped?

Tried in the morning also man. Nothing yet. Doesn't power off itself. 

Stopped the array. The UI refreshed after sometime. Then pressed the power down. It doesn't shut down by itself even after that.

Firstly unplug the network cable and try without that plugged in. Especially if you have not secured your machine, it should never be connected to the web until you have setup everything securely whilst offline. First things first.

With the issues you are facing I would suggest faulty or incompatible hardware at this stage. What are your specs? How did you create the install USB and are you trying to install the latest available version or?

51 minutes ago, plantsandbinary said:

Firstly unplug the network cable and try without that plugged in. Especially if you have not secured your machine, it should never be connected to the web until you have setup everything securely whilst offline. First things first.

With the issues you are facing I would suggest faulty or incompatible hardware at this stage. What are your specs? How did you create the install USB and are you trying to install the latest available version or?

Yeah i did unplug the cable. Issue remained though.  I ll try repeating the process to see if there are any changes.

I dont think any faulty hardwares at the moment. The version is very latest loaded through a pendrive inside the cabinet. And i have to mention that it was working all fine in the initial days though. Could there be a malware by chance?

2 hours ago, plantsandbinary said:

Also can you gimme set of instructions that can help me assure that my network is secure ? Any tools ? How do i know that ? 

• On the router, disable any DMZ
  • On the router, remove any port forwarding thats not required for applications (ie: Port Forwarding 1194 for OpenVPN or 32400 for Plex is OK, but forwarding 443 or 22 or 80 is never OK)
  • Make damn well sure that the router has a hard password for its administration (and disable any remote administration options in it).  Never, never, never use the default login and password for any router on the earth.  (Using default login and password is OK however if you're located on the moon)
Edited by Squid
  • Like 1