Audio Clicks and Pops With File Transfer

Brownboy

hi,

I am getting clicks and pops in my windows 10 vm while playing audio when i transfer files to a share on my unraid server. I can reproduce this everytime and it only happens when i transfer to a share on the unraid server. It does not happen if i transfer a file from unraid share to hardrive within the vm. I have been battling this for years now and have tried both the msi fix and also cpu pinning. Also tired emulatorpin using 0,6,1,7. This is happening using onbaord sound. I have not tried using hdmi sound. My problem is similar to this thread 

i also have clicks and pops in audio when another vm is doing significant disk activity like installing updates etc.

I do have a sata controller passed through directly to my windows vm with 2 hdds connected to it. I can transfer files between each of them and also between the os virtual drive and hdds without any clicks and pops. It only happens while transferring to a share in unrad.. it doesnt matter which drive i transfer from.

Im using 2 cache drives in a  btrfs array to store my image for the windows 10 vm. Does any one have some suggeestions on how to fix this ? 

System:

cpu: intel 5820K i7

ram: 64gb gskill

mobo: gigabyte GA-X99P-SLI