Passthrough Creative Lab Soundblaster X-FI Card

Platium

Hi,

i want to use my old Soundblaster X-Fi Card on my Windows 10 VM. I have a Asus Z9PA-U8 Mainboard with one PCI slot for the soundcard. In the VM settings i cant see any pci cards to select. Is there a easy way to go on with the X-Fi Card? (pls notice that i am a beginner with unraid)

IOMMU group 14:

[8086:244e] 00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 PCI Bridge (rev a6)

[1102:0005] 0a:00.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs EMU20k1 [Sound Blaster X-Fi Series]

7 hours ago, Platium said:

Hi,

i want to use my old Soundblaster X-Fi Card on my Windows 10 VM. I have a Asus Z9PA-U8 Mainboard with one PCI slot for the soundcard. In the VM settings i cant see any pci cards to select. Is there a easy way to go on with the X-Fi Card? (pls notice that i am a beginner with unraid)

IOMMU group 14:

[8086:244e] 00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 PCI Bridge (rev a6)

[1102:0005] 0a:00.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs EMU20k1 [Sound Blaster X-Fi Series]

You should watch the videos made by spaceinvaders that talks about passing the gpu. It's basically the same concept except you don't need the bios of a gpu and that jazz. The reason I say it is because he gives very good explanations on why you do it certain ways but also just in general is good to listen to.