[SOLVED] Slow, unresponsive and not working Docker after 24h

For some reason in the weeks after installing the latest unraid (6.6.3) my aspects of the docker interface have been really slow (loading docker apps, restarting, updating them etc).

It takes almost 2 minutes to load the list of all of my docker apps (I have about 14). It used to take about 5 seconds.

On top of that, my web server (Letsencrypt) and some other docker apps are behaving very weirdly and slowly. Some of them crash after just a few hours and most need a reboot really often to keep functioning. Container logs aren't showing any useful information either.

I got a warning on my server a week ago saying that something had something had persisted from the beta (I never even used the beta) and that I needed to delete my entire docker.img and reinstall otherwise I would most certainly face future corruption. I just checked again and this warning is still here.

I guess that's what maybe could be happening, even though I never used the beta. I was just sure that the warning was a bug but now it's looking to be a legitimate warning and maybe I am facing some kind of corruption?

So how do I delete my entire docker installation, but still keep all of the settings for my docker apps?

EDIT: Got it sorted.

• Backup 'appdata' folder using Plugins -> CA Appdata backup (not really necessary but still good to do).
  • Settings -> Docker -> 'Click Advanced Button' -> Then opt to delete the docker.img
  • Start docker again and download the docker.img
  • All of my docker apps are gone
  • Make the custom network interface that I was running 90% of my dockers on with reverse proxy with command: docker network create <name_here>
  • Go to Apps tab -> Sort by 'previous apps' and then download all of the apps that I had
  • No need to change any settings, they all work perfectly and are still reverse proxied as soon as my Letsencrypt container is back up and running
  • Reboot server
  • Crack open a beer

Piece of cake. Hopefully solves the problems with my containers crashing and not working after a few hours. At least I am not getting any warning any more when on the docker settings page.

EDIT 2: Can confirm 4-5 months later that it's working fine with no problems at all and none of my containers crashed randomly any more.

Edited by plantsandbinary
solved
  • Upvote 1