UnRAID completely broken after running docker safe new permissions.[SOLVED]

Pyro

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I didn't have the unassigned devices plug until just now. I missed that step, sorry. I can't seem to mount the disk for some reason. The mount button is grayed out, and hovering over it with the mouse doesn't tell me why. Perhaps for the same reason that disk 1 wont mount, being a clone and all?

image.thumb.png.c9e650cd7691b30a3ea93badc55d473a.png

tower-diagnostics-20181203-0650.zip

Edited by Pyro
Diagnostic file just in case

Plan is fine, but you can already starting creating the new array to make things easier to copy, and faster, so there's no need to copy multiples times, so I suggest you do this:

-tools -> new config

-assign the 8TB as disk1

-don't remember if you want to keeps current disks 4 and 5, if yes assign them now in the positions you want

-leave parity slot empty

-start the array, format disk1 (check that it's the only unmountable disk if you have other previously used data disks)

-mount the 10TB disk manually with the same command as above, use midnight commander to copy everything to new disk1 (from /temp to /mnt/disk1)

-when done, stop the array, unmount the 10TB disk and assign it as parity, start the array to begin the parity sync.

Array looks good, to mount the disk you need to use the second command that specifies the filesystem:

mount -t xfs /dev/sdb1 /temp

Midnigh commander is very easy to use, similar to Norton commander if you ever used that, on the left window browse to /temp and on the right browse to /mnt/disk1, you can use insert to select multiple folders if needed, then F5 to copy.

4 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

Midnigh commander is very easy to use, similar to Norton commander if you ever used that, on the left window browse to /temp and on the right browse to /mnt/disk1, you can use insert to select multiple folders if needed, then F5 to copy.

I feel like an idiot, I can't figure this out. I can navigate to both folders on the correct screens, highlight the folders I want copied, but nothing happens when I hit F5. What am I missing?

image.thumb.png.07dc12cfec16e9f09d18653f19479c53.png

12 minutes ago, Pyro said:

nothing happens when I hit F5

I noticed that recently when running mc inside a web terminal window. I think the function keys are getting intercepted for some reason. Maybe it's a bug, or maybe it's my browser - it used to work reliably but it was the first time I'd tried it since upgrading to Unraid 6.6.5. In the interest of getting the job done I gave up and opened an ssh session instead and forgot about the problem until you reminded me. You could use the Windows application puTTY to ssh in or use a keyboard and monitor attached to your server. Or maybe try a different browser.

It looks like I've recovered 100% of my data, thanks so much John_M, trurl, and johnnie.black!

Now it looks like the only other, less important thing, I have to do is fix the dockers and plugins. Is it a simple matter of putting config files back and seeing if it still boots, or is there another way besides setting them all up again from scratch? For better or worse, I have the OS queued to update next time I restart.

image.thumb.png.071977726f97b9a2f9d6dd8f41f2adc7.png

11 minutes ago, Pyro said:

It looks like I've recovered 100% of my data, thanks so much John_M, trurl, and johnnie.black!

Now it looks like the only other, less important thing, I have to do is fix the dockers and plugins. Is it a simple matter of putting config files back and seeing if it still boots, or is there another way besides setting them all up again from scratch? For better or worse, I have the OS queued to update next time I restart.

image.thumb.png.071977726f97b9a2f9d6dd8f41f2adc7.png

Did you mention a docker problem earlier in this thread? The screenshot doesn't indicate anything wrong though some are not started. Could you elaborate on what isn't working?

It appears you have cache but aren't using it for your system or appdata share. Why not?

20 minutes ago, trurl said:

It appears you have cache but aren't using it for your system or appdata share. Why not?

Odd, it used to be. Looks like it still doing system, but not appdata. I can fix that later.

The docker issue is that they don't show a webui option, and Plex doesn't seem to be working. I should probably just start over, delete the dockers and plugins to start fresh. I've learned a lot since I originally set the system up overa year ago.

Edited by Pyro
39 minutes ago, Pyro said:

Odd, it used to be. Looks like it still doing system, but not appdata. I can fix that later.

The docker issue is that they don't show a webui option, and Plex doesn't seem to be working. I should probably just start over, delete the dockers and plugins to start fresh. I've learned a lot since I originally set the system up overa year ago.

The last diagnostics you posted say that neither the system share nor the appdata share are set to use cache. If for some reason system is on cache that must have happened when the setting was different. As for fixing it later, I suggest you fix it first before starting over with your dockers.

Go to Settings - Docker and disable the Docker service. If you have any VMs disable that service also.

Change the system and appdata user shares to cache-prefer then run Mover, which will move them to cache.

Then you can delete and recreate docker image if you want.

It's actually pretty easy to start your dockers (and plugins) over. There is a Previous Apps feature on the Apps page that will reinstall any and all of your apps with the same settings they had before.

On 12/4/2018 at 9:09 PM, trurl said:

It's actually pretty easy to start your dockers (and plugins) over. There is a Previous Apps feature on the Apps page that will reinstall any and all of your apps with the same settings they had before.

It would be if I hadn't nuked my config, lol. Seems I'm not as sharp as I thought I was. I've been struggling to get the Plex webui to work. (Says connection refused) I updated to 6.6.6, not that it should matter.

In any case, the original topic of this conversation is taken care of. I should probably just get back to Google and YouTube to figure out where I went wrong on dockers again.

EDIT: I overcomplicated it. Plex seems to be working again.

Edited by Pyro