VMDK + br0 = No internet on VM

busa1

Dear community,

I've got a openSUSE VMDK file that need to ran off of a virtualBox or VMware software, but I thought I will try to run it off of my unraid server. I have manually added the disk to start it up, everything looks fine as far as the VM goes, except I cannot get any internet on it. Do you guys know, if I have to do any sort of extra configuration in order to make sure to have a virtual network for the VM?

Please let me know if you got any tips.

Do you know if you have the virtio network drives installed in the VM?   I thought most recent Linux distributions included them as standard but maybe not in this case?

Alternatively do you know what type of network card was defined under VirtualBox?   It is possible you could change the VM definition under Unraid to specify the same one.

Edited by itimpi

do you mean 

<interface type='bridge'>
      <mac address='52:54:00:ec:58:ee'/>
      <source bridge='br0'/>
      <model type='virtio'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x04' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
    </interface>

this part should be

<interface type='bridge'>
      <mac address='52:54:00:ec:58:ee'/>
      <source bridge='br0'/>
      <model type='e1000'/> (or later rtl8139)
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x04' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
    </interface>

?

• Like 1
do you mean 
 type='bridge'> address='52:54:00:ec:58:ee'/> bridge='br0'/> type='virtio'/> type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x04' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>

this part should be

type='bridge'> address='52:54:00:ec:58:ee'/> bridge='br0'/> type='e1000'/> (or later rtl8139) type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x04' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>

?

Yup!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, jonp said:

Awesome. I'll start the download in a few. Probably won't have any feedback till later tonight at the earliest.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Thank you very much. Don't worry I'm not in an extreme hurry. Please let me know if you have any news for me. 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...