[cache pool] Unmountable: No file system (no btrfs devices)

ZikPhil

On 11/27/2018 at 10:33 PM, limetech said:

Ok I see what's happening.  The easiest/fastest way for you solve this now is to reassign your parity device: instead of assigning to Parity, assign to Parity 2.  Alternately, if feasible, empty Disk 1 and reformat it with an xfs file system.

I'm having the same issue as OP.

I had 1 Cache formatted as XFS and wanted to add another drive for Cache Pool. I moved everything off the Cache.

I select Pool of 2, assigned the second cache disk and it says Unmountable: No Pool uuid.
Starting/stopping with unassigned/reassigned cache, swapped the cache disks around, same thing.

So now I have Cache 1 and 2 assigned (with the error still), unassigned Parity 1, started, stopped, assigned it to Parity 2. Now it's rebuilding parity. So after parity is finished I can successfully click Format for the cache and it'll work correctly?

6 minutes ago, nxtiak said:

I'm having the same issue as OP.

The advice given to the OP was because of an issue that only happened because he had moved his cache drive to the array.

On 11/27/2018 at 11:47 AM, ZikPhil said:

I removed my existing single 500GB SSD and moved it to the array.

If that is not what you did then that advice doesn't apply to you.

From your description, it really doesn't sound as if you are having the same issue as OP.

50 minutes ago, trurl said:

The advice given to the OP was because of an issue that only happened because he had moved his cache drive to the array.

If that is not what you did then that advice doesn't apply to you.

From your description, it really doesn't sound as if you are having the same issue as OP.

Thanks, I missed that part of his description.

I'm preclearing both cache SSDs now, hopefully that'll work.

Edit: I didn't know you click on the Cache to change the format type BEFORE you start the array.
All fixed now.

Edited by nxtiak