[SOLVED] XFS and share issues and I am lost

rmilyard

I had a few drives fail.  I am going to replace them soon but still waiting for FedEx.  So now my Media share that have Movies and TV Shows is EMPTY with viewing from SMB on my Windows 10 PC.  From what I can tell I can still PLAY media from Plex but can't access it.

My guess is XFS filesystem is bad or something but no idea as to how to fix this.  I would think I need to fix before I can replace the one failed drive and 2 my 2 new drives for extra storage.

milyard-tower-diagnostics-20181127-1217.zip

Edited by rmilyard
1 minute ago, johnnie.black said:

I removed disk now from array since it’s got a lot of errors. One going to replace today. Even after I have it removed from array and emulated with parity it still have this issue. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, trurl said:

Assuming you meant "can't" above, Main - Boot Device - Flash - SMB Security Settings.

That did it.  Not sure how changed.  So now just running a CA Backup then will jump into moving all 16 drives around in the server.  I am little worried about it as seems like might be to easy!

Also picked up 1 more 500gb SSD want to add to cache pool that's btrfs to bring it up to 2tb for my cache.  

Just now, rmilyard said:

So now just running a CA Backup

Are you doing this as a way to backup flash? You can always download a zipped backup of flash from Main - Boot Device - Flash - Flash Backup.

If you are letting CA Backup make a backup of flash, I recommend having it put the backup on an external drive or network share mounted with Unassigned Devices.

If you put it on the array or cache, then if you can't boot from flash for some reason and need to get your backup...

Just now, trurl said:

Are you doing this as a way to backup flash? You can always download a zipped backup of flash from Main - Boot Device - Flash - Flash Backup.

If you are letting CA Backup make a backup of flash, I recommend having it put the backup on an external drive or network share mounted with Unassigned Devices.

If you put it on the array or cache, then if you can't boot from flash for some reason and need to get your backup...

I have been using CA to Backup appdata, flash and VMs to my QNAP Nas I use for personal storage.  I then sync the QNAP to the cloud.