system stall/freezing with nzbget dl/extracting

mkono87

Been having issues with 100% cpu usage that is causing my docker containers to freeze and for example, homeassistant will trigger false positives and mark me as not home causing unwanted automations to happen. Sometimes il even wake up and HA didn't restart after the appdata backup because something was downloading.

i3-6100

16gb ecc ram

4x 4tb Red

240gb Sandisk SSD (cache)

I notice in Netdata that the iowait is in the 90s but im not sure what really is the culprit. Cpu, SSD or memory. This is happening more so now that I have started to use 4k content. I did a bit of research and tried a few things such as cpu pinning and extra parameters (m=2gb c=200) but nothing is really working properly. Since my cpu is only dual core, I dont think pinning is that helpful.

I do have my cache drive set to yes and im thinking about buying a 500gb evo 860 to replace it. Would it a good idea to use the current sandisk I have as an "unassigned device" and use that for nzbget to dl and extract to?

My future plans is to get another bare metal server and use unraid as mostly just a nas with hardly any dockers running so that may help when the time comes. Just really need some advice on what else I can try.