Rclone sync with google drive

cracksilver

Hi forum

At my very last step to my perfect server i stock with the following.

Installed Rclone beta with the very good video from spaceinvaders. Did everything like he has done to mount google drive in the folder /mnt/disks/google-drive. Set the smb extra lines, mount and unmountscripts like in the descreption below the video Now I can see the share "google-drive" in the finder on my macbook. Actually fine so far. But it is unbelievable slow and stocks allways again and again.

I´m not shure it is the right way. Do I have to set something like a sync command in the config or custom script to make shure there is a local copy?

My goal is tho sync two ways from google drive to in a folder in unraid. Share this folder and connct every user/machine to this folder. Tried the half night to figuered out how it works - unfortunately unsuccessful.

thanks for any advice that goes in the right direction.

cracksilver

I use a rclone vfs mount to stream files including 4k files absolutely fine with lots of plex activity, so I guess it will work fine for smaller files.  Try:

rclone mount --rc --allow-other --buffer-size 1G --dir-cache-time 72h --drive-chunk-size 256M --fast-list --log-level INFO --vfs-read-chunk-size 128M --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit off YOUR_REMOTE: /mnt/user/mount_path

rclone rc --timeout=1h vfs/refresh recursive=true

Taken from 

If you're uploading a lot of files direct via the mount try a cache mount

https://rclone.org/cache/

thx for that

rclone config:

[google-drive]
type = drive
scope = drive
chunk_size = 8M
token = {"access_token":"xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx","token_type":"Bearer","refresh_token":"1/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx","expiry":"2018-11-28T16:15:57.072128273+01:00"}

rclone mount script:

rclone mount --rc --allow-other --buffer-size 1G --dir-cache-time 72h --drive-chunk-size 256M --fast-list --log-level INFO --vfs-read-chunk-size 128M --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit off google-drive: /mnt/disks/google-drive &

rclone rc --timeout=1h vfs/refresh recursive=true

rclone unmount script:

fusermount -u /mnt/disks/google-drive

tower-diagnostics-20181128-1609.zip

also with cache mount it goes not faster. The network breaks down at the moment i click on google-drive share.

I tried everything out last night and during this day. I gave up and go another way. Install a light debian in VM and run insync inside as soon there is sadly no docker for it. I just have to figuered out how to mount a user share directly in to the vm. Are there any thougts?

Thank you again

Edit the debian VM's /etc/fstab file and add the following line

//unraidservername/unraidsharename /vmmountpoint    cifs    file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,_netdev,username=unraiduser,password=unraiduserpassword,uid=1000,gid=1000    0    0

Make sure the /vmmountpoint folder, whatever and wherever you choose, has appropriate permissions.

Strange things happen here. There was a post where somebody asked for single steps.... now I want to answer, but the post is gone...

One thing I can say after testing the two-way-sync with isync tool. It has a powerful delay when synchronizing. Sometimes it goes after a change half a day until synchronized. Sometimes I have to trigger it manually. of course this is not the way I like it.

I have to look at rclone again...

Current status: I have 2 directories which I want to synchronize. One is in google drive and one on a share on the server. Both have exactly the same content. Is it possible with rclone or does the target directory have to be empty for rclone?

thx cracksilver

• 8 months later...
On 12/4/2018 at 5:14 AM, cracksilver said:

Strange things happen here. There was a post where somebody asked for single steps.... now I want to answer, but the post is gone...

One thing I can say after testing the two-way-sync with isync tool. It has a powerful delay when synchronizing. Sometimes it goes after a change half a day until synchronized. Sometimes I have to trigger it manually. of course this is not the way I like it.

I have to look at rclone again...

Current status: I have 2 directories which I want to synchronize. One is in google drive and one on a share on the server. Both have exactly the same content. Is it possible with rclone or does the target directory have to be empty for rclone?

thx cracksilver

Hey Quicksilver, did you ever get this sorted? Hoping for a way to set up proper 2 way syncing to google drive in my future build without running essentially a dedicated VM to do it. 

• 2 months later...

Sorry DZMM for the late reply.

I've never realy get out of the problems with rclone and stopped looking at this issue.

Go another way now. Away from google. Want to move all to nextcloud as a docker on unraid. Get a serverplace with public IP in a friends company. So this would be the solution with data. 

As far as data's concerned, that's not a problem i think. With the mails it becomes more difficult. There I am still looking for a solution with various mail clients which I am currently trying out.