Changing share-structure

TorrnapZ

When I first set my shares up i made 3 separate shares: Downloads, Movies and TV-Shows.

I have since found of that this does not allow for hardlinking and I would therefore have to change this to one share and have separate folders in it to work.

Is there a painless way to do this so the files dont actually have to be moved on the disks?

I'm not familiar with the hardlinking problem. Are you saying you can't link between different User Shares, but you could link if it was all on one User Share even though it might be on different disks? Can you point me to more information about this?

Can anyone else shed some light?

To your question though, typically if you are moving files between User Shares, it won't move them between disks. Since it thinks they are at the same mount (/mnt/user) it just 'renames' them so they wind up on the same disk but in the folder for the destination user share. This behavior often surprises people since it can result in having a User Share on a disk they didn't think it should be on.