***VIDEO GUIDE - How to Automatically Re-encode Video Downloaded by Sonarr and Radarr Part 1 and 2

I am having an issue with files being moved prior to processing. Looking at your video again and I have my setup just as yours. My question is the entry in sonarr and radarr dealing with downloads. /mnt/user/Downloads/':'/data if my data is set to downloads wont sonarr and radarr grab them before processing is completed? How does one get sonarr and radarr not to scan that main download folder? here is my template for review. root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='binhex-radarr' --net='tornnet' -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'UMASK'='000' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -p '7878:7878/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/Downloads/':'/data':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/movies/':'/media':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Downloads_postprocess/movie/':'/data/usenet/completed/movies':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Downloads_postprocess/media/':'/data/torrents/completed/media':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-radarr':'/config':'rw' 'binhex/arch-radarr'

[mention=76627]Josh.5[/mention] I am testing out your Docker now, I see that it is using all of my CPU threads at this time, I assume I can pin threads to it like any other Docker?

[mention=67288]SpaceInvaderOne[/mention] sorry to jump in on your initial thread here, I really appreciate your Youtube videos and use them often.
That is correct

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

I am still working on my container. I have just been pretty swamped at work for the past few weeks with the lead up to Christmas. I should he much more time in the coming weeks to work on this.

If you have any feature suggestions, please open an issue on github. That would be very helpful.

Thanks for your patience

This is a fantastic container and is exactly what i have been looking for to convert my library. I cannot believe the size difference between h.264 and h.265, at the moment my files are a third of the size.

I think any feature ideas are already included on GitHub already, the run schedule is great for running over night assuming it can suspend/resume conversions, selection of encoding options for compatibility of players without transcoding which would be easiest via a simple gui and multiple media library paths would cover it for me.

i currently have cpu pinning for this docker.

Thank you @SpaceInvaderOne for the videos, i had set off down that route previously and the videos definitely helped.

great work @Josh.5

16 hours ago, wedge22 said:

@Josh.5 I am testing out your Docker now, I see that it is using all of my CPU threads at this time, I assume I can pin threads to it like any other Docker?

@SpaceInvaderOne sorry to jump in on your initial thread here, I really appreciate your Youtube videos and use them often.

Yes any container that you pin cores/hyperthreads to will be restricted to running only on those cores :)

Glad you like the videos.

On 12/18/2018 at 11:31 AM, Josh.5 said:

I am still working on my container. I have just been pretty swamped at work for the past few weeks with the lead up to Christmas. I should he much more time in the coming weeks to work on this.

If you have any feature suggestions, please open an issue on github. That would be very helpful.

Thanks for your patience

Looking forward to it

@josh.5

I am also trying this project out. So far so good with me but I noticed on thing:

I have this variable set: SUPPORTED_CONTAINERS=mkv,avi,mov,ts,rmvb,mp4

but I noticed only the mkv files were being processed. So, I stopped the container and deleted everything  and just left mp4 and it worked!

Are we sure we should be using files types that are separated  by commas? Or do you think I may have stumbled across a bug?

Thanks for the hard work.

PS: @SpaceInvaderOne you rock! I have you to thank and your videos for getting me interested in unraid and building my first server!!

18 hours ago, mwoods98 said:

@josh.5

I am also trying this project out. So far so good with me but I noticed on thing:

I have this variable set: SUPPORTED_CONTAINERS=mkv,avi,mov,ts,rmvb,mp4

but I noticed only the mkv files were being processed. So, I stopped the container and deleted everything  and just left mp4 and it worked!

Are we sure we should be using files types that are separated  by commas? Or do you think I may have stumbled across a bug?

Thanks for the hard work.

PS: @SpaceInvaderOne you rock! I have you to thank and your videos for getting me interested in unraid and building my first server!!

I've put in quite a few hours to creating a tidy UI for the application. Once this is complete we should be able to start adding much better control over the settings. UI and code tidy up should be complete with 5 or so more hours of coding (probably tomorrow if time permits). 

See the attached screenshots for an idea of what it will look like.

You can see that I have implemented the "worker" approach. In the screenshot I have too workers that are passed files to re encode. Once complete they are logged in the "recent activities" list. Currently unsure about the server stats. That may not be complete by the time I push this to dockerhub. But I think it will be a nice idea to see what sort of load you are putting on the server.

Selection_004.png

Selection_003.png

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1
[mention=76627]Josh.5[/mention] Thats looking great! Is there anything I or the form can do to help you? Need some testers?
Yea. I will need testers shortly.

I feel like I should create a separate thread for this so its not hijacking spaceinvader's

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
On 1/3/2019 at 7:50 PM, Josh.5 said:

Yea. I will need testers shortly.

I'm currently testing the version on GitHub on my TV library.  Going really well, however I'm finding the output too heavily compressed which is compromising the quality.   

I know you want to keep the interface simple but I for one would welcome some ability to set the quality of the output.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Im happy to test your docker already watched the video from space invader and if i can avoid that little to confusing solution much better :=)

Only thing i wonder  your solution can i manually chose only 1 folder and browse and add 1 folder at the time ? Have TV-shows-anime shows can use encode from 264 to 265 but i don't want lose kvality. 

• 4 months later...
On 11/29/2018 at 3:45 PM, SpaceInvaderOne said:

Hi Guys been thinking about how to get sonarr and radarr to auto re-encode downloads automatically using handbrake.

There will be 2 parts to this and i will post the next under this one in a few days time.

This video  the first part  shows how to automatically re-encode video files downloaded by sonarr or radarr using an advanced docker path mapping sending the media files through handbrake first before then being processed by sonarr/radarr.
I use h265 as i want smaller video files but any format can be choosen. This first part goes through the principles of how this works. The second video will go deeper using detailed examples. It is recommended to watch this video first.

PART ONE

PART 2

I am following along, however there is no instruction on which Handbrake version to install.  There are two in the containers to be downloaded.  Which one should I be using to follow along?

• 4 weeks later...

While I wait for @Josh.5's UnManic project to mature, is there any way @SpaceInvaderOne that I can filter specific programming from being automatically encoded? i.e., nightly & weekly news programs that I simply watch and have Plex auto delete do not need to be re-encoded into h.265 since I am not archiving them. This would save not only on time, but energy as well. 💸💸💸

I was trying to think of ways to do it inside of SABnzbd so that when completed, the files get moved to another monitored Sonarr folder that is hidden from Handbrake, but I don't see how it is possible unless I knew how to write a script that would allow me to do so (beyond my skill set.)

image.thumb.png.c91257e37be89a93356234f81ee1d411.png

image.png

Edited by Zer0Nin3r
I'm happy to see that Unmanic is out of Alpha and in Beta now =)
  • 2 years later...

guess this thread is dead.....

Needing some help over here. I followed Spaceinvader's guide to the T and everything was working great until last couple of months. My movies download from NZBGET, handbrake picks them up, converts, and places them in the post_processing file where they lay and rot... For some reason i have been having to manually go into that file and rename movies and then place them into my Media files. Also, Radarr has been throwing a fit saying "You are using docker; download client NZBGET places downloads in /downloads/completed/Movies but this directory does not appear to exist inside the container." But it is there. Anyone willing to help out?

1 hour ago, TStavley said:

guess this thread is dead.....

Needing some help over here. I followed Spaceinvader's guide to the T and everything was working great until last couple of months. My movies download from NZBGET, handbrake picks them up, converts, and places them in the post_processing file where they lay and rot... For some reason i have been having to manually go into that file and rename movies and then place them into my Media files. Also, Radarr has been throwing a fit saying "You are using docker; download client NZBGET places downloads in /downloads/completed/Movies but this directory does not appear to exist inside the container." But it is there. Anyone willing to help out?

Nevrmind, I think it was binhex-radarr and binhex-sonarr containers are jacked up. switch over to linuxserver and everything is back on track