Help - VM not displaying

ashleyR

Hi all, 

I am currently building my unRaid device. 

mobo: Gigabyte Z370 HD3

Intel i7 8700

16GB RAM

Nvidia 1060 6GB OC Graphics card. 

I am running the system headless, but for now it is connected to a monitor so that I can do the set ups etc. I have managed to set up the arrays, install Plex and other things. according to the info all should work for VMs. 

Model: Custom

M/B: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. - Z370 HD3-CF

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz

HVM: Enabled

IOMMU: Enabled

Cache:

Memory: 16 GB (max. installable capacity 64 GB)

Network: bond0: fault-tolerance (active-backup), mtu 1500 
 eth0: 100 Mb/s, full duplex, mtu 1500

Kernel: Linux 4.18.17-unRAID x86_64

OpenSSL: 1.1.1

However, I want to set up a windows VM passing through my graphics card. The VM starts but my monitor goes black and I cannot see the VM or unraid anymore. I have tried then setting the VM to use the integrated intel graphics in the CPU and that results in an error due to the IOMMU I believe. How do I go about fixing this issue? The graphics card is installed on the second PCIe port but that hasn't changed anything trying it in other PCIe ports. 

I have tried running this through the noVNC installed and this states that it can't connect. 

Once I have installed windows I also want to VM OSX, will this be possible to pass through the Graphics card there too? 

I am not sure why this isn't working as I have followed all of the online tutorials (Linus, space invader etc) and I am now at a loss. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Ashley 

Edited by ashleyR