UnRaid for HP Prolient Server

Hello-

I have an HP Prolient server running UnRaid 6.2 (I believe) as the only way I could get it installed was by using that older version.

Of course I get a lot of notices that I need to upgrade, and several of my Apps no longer work in a version that old.

I am , however, afraid to try to update and lose the set-up I now have working.

My question is, has anything changed in the versions so that HP works in later versions?

Is there a way to roll back if the install is unsuccessful?

thanks-

2 hours ago, lockrob2000 said:

Another thought...what is the best way to upgrade from 6.2 to the current version?

and I had to change server settings to get 6.2 to work, is there an FAQ that might have settings guidance for this?

thanks-

Just following the instructions provided within the release thread on a regular upgrade will be fine. If you’re using the rmrr patch, you can upgrade but have to wait for the matching bzimage to be posted to get vm’s To work. I have completed the patch for 6.6.6 but it is not yet publicly posted as it is being tested first. So if you want that newest version, you’ll have to wait another day or two for full functionality.

I read a post that said that shares were disappearing in versions after 6.5.3, so I was going to upgrade to that.

However when I initially set this up for 6.2, I had to go into the BIOS and change the setting to use the Legacy settings. (I'm not at that computer now so I can't tell you what that was, but it was a legacy setting). I guess I should put all the setting back from Legacy to normal.

Thanks for the help-

6 hours ago, lockrob2000 said:

I read a post that said that shares were disappearing in versions after 6.5.3, so I was going to upgrade to that.

However when I initially set this up for 6.2, I had to go into the BIOS and change the setting to use the Legacy settings. (I'm not at that computer now so I can't tell you what that was, but it was a legacy setting). I guess I should put all the setting back from Legacy to normal.

Thanks for the help-

You were probably using legacy usb boot vs uefi. Either should in theory work, with usb legacy the best bet.