Flash Drive Problems with Thinkserver TS140

Hey all,

I'm at a loss - I've been trying for 2 days now to install and try out UNRAID on my Lenovo Thinkserver TS140, but cannot get it to boot from my flash drive. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

I've done all of the following:

-Set BIOS to legacy only mode

-Made sure Secure Boot was disabled

-Disabled all boot devices except the "USB KEY" which is the flash drive

-Set a single USB port to "Debug Mode" which says places it in USB 2.0 mode

-Tried all the above with a 32GB USB 3 flash drive, made from the flash disk creator utility (and after failure, created manually)

-Tried all the above with a 16GB USB 2 flash drive, made from the flash disk creator utility (and after failure, created manually)

24 minutes ago, limetech said:

But did you also try UEFI boot?  In addition to enabling this in your bios, you need to check 'EFI boot' checkbox on USB Flash Creator tool, or just rename the folder 'EFI-' to 'EFI' (that is, remove the trailing dash character).

Yes sir, I did try remaking the flash drive with that checkbox enabled, and I also set the BIOS to try legacy first and if legacy fails, try EFI.

2 minutes ago, DSandyGuy said:

Are there any limitations with booting via UEFI versus legacy? Everything I read pointed to always wanting to use legacy.

Sometimes there are issues with GPU passthrough using UEFI vs. Legacy:

But this is highly-dependent on the hardware.  For some people GPU passthrough only works when booting via UEFI.  The source issue is buggy bios.

Just now, limetech said:

Sometimes there are issues with GPU passthrough using UEFI vs. Legacy:

But this is highly-dependent on the hardware.  For some people GPU passthrough only works when booting via UEFI.  The source issue is buggy bios.

Regardless, thank you so much for your help!

Now I can get to work setting my server up with this awesome OS. I'm so excited!