VM windows 8.1 - Can't install intel IGD drivers

Ty42

Hello there, 

I am very new to unraid (nice piece of software btw) and I came accross a issue that is ruining my plan. I am posting a new topic as I got lost in my research to try to solve it, and I didn't find so far any solution.

My issue: I have installed a VM with windows 8.1 on unraid and manage to get it up and running (with CPU, integrated GPU passthrough and audio passthrough), but I can't figure how to get audio through the HDMI and have it on my TV.

What I have identified so far: In windows I do see two audio device but it claims that nothing is plugged in. Looking for the video card, I found that Windows is labeling it as "Basic Graphic display". I did check vendor and device ID and they are correct, so I assumed that the passthrough step is working fine. When I tried to install the driver (from the Asrock or from intel) the installation says that the system does not meet requirements.

I looked for the MSI fix, but the Basic Display does not have that option at all, I would have to install the drivers first. Any idea on what to do?

Soft/Hardware:

MB Asrock H110-ITX

CPU intel G4560 with iGPU 610 HD

4 SATA HD

Unraid 6.6.5

VM Settings:

ACS enable

CPU passthrough

i440fx-3.0 (I tried other machine with success Q35 does not work)

SeaBIOS (OVMF was not working for whatever reason)

Hyper-V yes (No does not change behavior)

Video passthrough (iGPU is my only GPU, video works perfectly)

Audio passthrough

If you have any idea, I am sort of lost now...

Edit

I did tried the procedure described there (

All the way through no issue, except when I attached the video card... It was immediately recognized by windows as a BAsicDisplay and when installing the driver I got again the message "computer does not meet requirements"....

Edited by Ty42
Add a new trial
  • 1 year later...

Just a two cents update on my previous post that did not found too much help. After some tinkering I gave up the igd install in the windows 8.1 VM.

Recently I had install the same set-up with win10, and it worked like a charm out of the box. So maybe some driver glitches in the 8.1 version???

Cheers!