Is It Possible to Mount RClone (Google Drive) as Samba Share?

newoski

Hi Guys,

I followed spaceinvader's tutorial on rclone and I got everything setup. I can see my disks/google and /disks/secure remotes via Krusader and Midnight Commander, but I was wondering if it's possible to actually export them as a Samba share that would be visible in Windows?

Thanks so much for any help!

Here's what I'm currently using in my Mount script:

mkdir -p /mnt/disks/google
mkdir -p /mnt/disks/secure

#This section mounts the various cloud storage into the folders that were created above.

rclone mount --max-read-ahead 1024k --allow-other google: /mnt/disks/google &
rclone mount --max-read-ahead 1024k --allow-other secure: /mnt/disks/secure &

Tried adding the following:

[GOOGLE]
  path=/mnt/disks/google
    valid users = root
[SECURE]
  path=/mnt/disks/secure
    valid users = root

Ended up with errors in my logs:

Script Starting Fri, 30 Nov 2018 15:39:52 -0500

Full logs for this script are available at /tmp/user.scripts/tmpScripts/rclone_mount_plugin/log.txt

Script Finished Fri, 30 Nov 2018 15:39:52 -0500

Full logs for this script are available at /tmp/user.scripts/tmpScripts/rclone_mount_plugin/log.txt

Script Starting Sat, 01 Dec 2018 15:00:26 -0500

/tmp/user.scripts/tmpScripts/rclone_mount_plugin/script: line 16: [GOOGLE]: command not found
/tmp/user.scripts/tmpScripts/rclone_mount_plugin/script: line 18: valid: command not found
/tmp/user.scripts/tmpScripts/rclone_mount_plugin/script: line 19: [SECURE]: command not found
/tmp/user.scripts/tmpScripts/rclone_mount_plugin/script: line 21: valid: command not found
Script Finished Sat, 01 Dec 2018 15:00:26 -0500

2018/12/01 15:00:26 Fatal error: Directory is not empty: /mnt/disks/google If you want to mount it anyway use: --allow-non-empty option
2018/12/01 15:00:27 Fatal error: Directory is not empty: /mnt/disks/secure If you want to mount it anyway use: --allow-non-empty option
Script Starting Sat, 01 Dec 2018 15:00:46 -0500

/tmp/user.scripts/tmpScripts/rclone_mount_plugin/script: line 16: [GOOGLE]: command not found
/tmp/user.scripts/tmpScripts/rclone_mount_plugin/script: line 18: valid: command not found
/tmp/user.scripts/tmpScripts/rclone_mount_plugin/script: line 19: [SECURE]: command not found
/tmp/user.scripts/tmpScripts/rclone_mount_plugin/script: line 21: valid: command not found
Script Finished Sat, 01 Dec 2018 15:00:46 -0500

2018/12/01 15:00:46 Fatal error: Directory is not empty: /mnt/disks/google If you want to mount it anyway use: --allow-non-empty option
2018/12/01 15:00:47 Fatal error: Directory is not empty: /mnt/disks/secure If you want to mount it anyway use: --allow-non-empty option

28 minutes ago, Squid said:

And not sure if root would work (probably not).  I'd set up your valid users there (of which root definitely is not one).  Otherwise, you can google on samba options for setting it up as public

So the recommended way to interact with it is truly via rclone, both two and from the remote, or via MC/Krusader?

1 minute ago, newoski said:

So the recommended way to interact with it is truly via rclone, both two and from the remote, or via MC/Krusader?

Not saying that, and I don't use rclone.  Simply answered your question about how to make the folder available over SMB, which was to make the mods to the smb-extra.conf file