Unraid OS version 6.6.6 available

limetech

To upgrade:

If you are running any 6.4 or later release, click 'Check for Updates' on the Tools/Update OS page.

If you are running a pre-6.4 release, click 'Check for Updates' on the Plugins page.

If the above doesn't work, navigate to Plugins/Install Plugin, select/copy/paste this plugin URL and click Install:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/stable/unRAIDServer.plg

Refer also to @ljm42 excellent 6.4 Update Notes which are helpful especially if you are upgrading from a pre-6.4 release.

BIOS: Especially if using Virtual Machines, we highly recommend keeping your motherboard bios up-to-date.

Bugs: If you discover a bug or other issue new to this release, please open a Stable Releases Bug Report.

This will likely be the last of the Unraid 6.6 series since the linux kernel, 4.18.20 was recently marked EOL (no more updates).  We had a devil of a time deciding whether to simply update to the 4.19 kernel now, but we're about to start Unraid 6.7 public -rc, which uses 4.19 kernel.  If 6.7 stretches out too far we may need to produce a 6.6.7 for security updates of if something apocalyptic comes up.

Version 6.6.6 2018-12-01

Base distro:

• openssl: version 1.1.1a (CVE-2018-0734 CVE-2018-5407)
  • openssl-solibs: version 1.1.1a (CVE-2018-0734 CVE-2018-5407)
  • samba: version 4.8.7 (CVE-2018-14629 CVE-2018-16841 CVE-2018-16851 CVE-2018-16853)

Linux kernel:

• version 4.18.20
  • OOT Intel 10gbps network driver: ixgbe: version 5.5.2

Management:

• bug fix: error reported by 'btrfs filesystem show' prevented proper btrs cache pool analysis
  • update smartmontools drivedb and hwdata/{pci.ids,usb.ids,oui.txt,manuf.txt}
  • webgui: Black and White theme: make select arrow consistent for all browsers
  • webgui: All themes: create consistent select arrow for all browsers using pure css
  • webgui: Fixed: flash share warning is given when SMB is disabled
  • webgui: Added customizable header background color
  • webgui: All themes: css corrections
  • webgui: Revert FAT32 filename collisions
  • webgui: Dashboard: add disk utilization, cpu load & memory usage coloring
  • webgui: Syslinux Configuration: rename Basic/Advanced view to Raw/Menu
  • webgui: Fixed: parity schedule not taking zero values (e.g. Sunday=0)
  • webgui: Prevent Adblocker from hiding share list
  • webgui: Fixed missing font-awesome class in VM CPU popup window
  • webgui: Improved PCIe ACS override help text
  • webgui: Improved VFIO allow unsafe interrupts help text
  • webgui: Apply syslinux changes to all menus except safe mode
  • webgui: add per DIMM information toggle
  • webgui: Fixed PHP warnings in Vars.page
  • webgui: Docker: narrow CPU pinning list to fit lower resolutions
  • webgui: Added confirmation checkbox when missing disk in array
  • webgui: Disable cache slots selection when cache disks are re-arranged
  • webgui: Added confirmation checkbox when missing cache disk
  • webgui: Remove unused information in array view
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Since you... "had a devil of a time deciding whether to simply update to the 4.19 kernel now..." 6.6.6 was the version number that came to mind?   🤣😎

As an FYI, I was able to upgrade both of my servers without the need for any holy water, crosses, chanting or other types of rituals.  

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, limetech said:

Refer also to @ljm42 excellent 6.4 Update Notes which are helpful especially if you are upgrading from a pre-6.4 release.

I have pinned the Update Notes thread since it had long ago scrolled off the first page. Still seeing a number of people coming from some version older than 6.4 to the latest and greatest without bothering to read the release thread.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
50 minutes ago, hawihoney said:

Wrong color for Cache utilization of 6% on dashboard. It's shown in red.

Update went smooth.

***Edit***

75% Utilization of a disk is orange.

64% Utilization of a disk is red

6% Utilization of a disk is red

I'm not seeing this at all. What theme are you using?

4 minutes ago, limetech said:

It's a little funky - it only shows up after you have specified a header text color.

I would say this is a bug: it should be hidden only if a custom background is chosen.

Yeah just wanted to type that I can't see the option. I guess it's a little buggy. It works now that I have set the text color as ffffff and aplied the settings.

Edited by gxs
6 minutes ago, limetech said:

It's a little funky - it only shows up after you have specified a header text color.

I would say this is a bug.

Eh, it was actually designed to work this way.

The reasoning was to allow background color changes only when a foreground color is defined, but if this is confusing it can be changed to a unconditional setting.

1 minute ago, bonienl said:

Eh, it was actually designed to work this way.

The reasoning was to allow background color changes only when a foreground color is defined, but if this is confusing it can be changed to a unconditional setting.

It would probably be better if both options were shown. It's a little confusing now (it's simple once you know how to set it but it took me 15 minutes of searching and one forum post to find this awesome function). 

1 minute ago, bonienl said:

if this is confusing it can be changed to a unconditional setting.

It probably is confusing simply because no one will even know the option exists unless they change foreground (text) color.  Someone may wish to change the background color while leaving the text color unchanged.  In that case, they would first have to determine and enter the color code for the text (even if there is no change) before entering desired background color.

Yeah, maybe I was overthinking this when making this function.

I reasoned that people would change the header background to the same color as the rest of the page, which also happens to be the color of the text in the header, hence text color needs to change as well.

I'll make it more straightforward for the future.

On 12/3/2018 at 1:57 PM, bonienl said:

I reasoned that people would change the header background to the same color as the rest of the page

Probably because that is what everyone requesting this feature stated they wanted to do; change background color to black on the black theme and white on the white theme.  In this case, your reasoning is perfectly sound.

However, since the option exists to change it to any color, I have been experimenting with several intermediate colors and have found that it makes for a nice visual separation between the banner/header text and the rest of the page if it is a color other than that of the rest of the page.

An example:

Blue bar.PNG

Edited by Hoopster
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, hawihoney said:

Wrong color for Cache utilization of 6% on dashboard. It's shown in red.

Update went smooth.

***Edit***

75% Utilization of a disk is orange.

64% Utilization of a disk is red

6% Utilization of a disk is red

Did you set an individual threshold for the cache device?