Unraid OS version 6.6.6 available

limetech

Any news or help would be great thanks

This should have been posted on the general support forum since it's not v6.6.6 related, disks look fine, looks more like a connection issue, you're also using IDE mode which can cause problems, change the controller to AHCI in the bios, check/replace cables and rebuild the disabled disk.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Fish said:

So I am not able to update to anything right now. Its not allowing me to even check for updates. Did I do something wrong?

unraid not able to update.jpg

To upgrade:

If you are running any 6.4 or later release, click 'Check for Updates' on the Tools/Update OS page.

If you are running a pre-6.4 release, click 'Check for Updates' on the Plugins page.

If the above doesn't work, navigate to Plugins/Install Plugin, select/copy/paste this plugin URL and click Install:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/stable/unRAIDServer.plg

37 minutes ago, sjaak said:

To upgrade:

If you are running any 6.4 or later release, click 'Check for Updates' on the Tools/Update OS page.

If you are running a pre-6.4 release, click 'Check for Updates' on the Plugins page.

If the above doesn't work, navigate to Plugins/Install Plugin, select/copy/paste this plugin URL and click Install:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/stable/unRAIDServer.plg

I had tried that too and it didnt work. But I should have paid attention to the error. It was giving me a network error and not loading. 

I totally forgot that I have pihole running. It was blacklisting s3amazonaws.com. LOL. All good now. Thank you!

9 hours ago, spl147 said:

is 6.7.0 getting ready to drop? im seeing dynamix plugin updates showing up with a min. OS version of 6.7.0.

Should be close (tm)

6 hours ago, Lev said:

I miss testing the RC of upcoming releases. Did I miss an announcement regarding why there hasn't been any lately?

No announcement hasnt come

1 hour ago, bonienl said:

To avoid broken communication for Unraid itself, it is recommended to NOT set pi-hole as DNS server for Unraid, but use a different DNS server instead.

I did not know that. Im still learning networking as well. Hardware is so much easier. HAHA. 

I will have to do some reading on how to change this. Thanks for the information though!

17 hours ago, bonienl said:

To avoid broken communication for Unraid itself, it is recommended to NOT set pi-hole as DNS server for Unraid, but use a different DNS server instead.

I use pihole as DNS-server (for unraid too) since months... no problems so far.

But it "might" be possible that problems occure because of the blocking-functions of pihole or a faulty update.

Edited by Zonediver
  • 1 month later...

hi everyone.

i'm currently on version 6.4 running a couple VM's ...that i cannot go without using.

i'm hearing that new unraid version needs to make sure MB bios is up to date or some VM's may not work.

i'm running an ASRock - 970 Extreme4 which i dont believe the manufacturer still updates...

Said that, is there anyone that has this motherboard bios version 2.80 that has done the update without any issues to their vm's and dockers?

thanks everyone in advance!!

1 hour ago, caballopazo said:

hi everyone.

i'm currently on version 6.4 running a couple VM's ...that i cannot go without using.

i'm hearing that new unraid version needs to make sure MB bios is up to date or some VM's may not work.

i'm running an ASRock - 970 Extreme4 which i dont believe the manufacturer still updates...

Said that, is there anyone that has this motherboard bios version 2.80 that has done the update without any issues to their vm's and dockers?

thanks everyone in advance!!

Just make a backup of your flash drive and try it. And 6.6.7 is the current stable.