Array Performance

I was wondering I see that my array is running at 10 - 14 MB/s. Is this normal. I know that when I was running my parity I was getting around 180MB/s on all drives. The time this was taken I was using the Mover Service and moving files from my Cache Pool to the array.

I Have Unraid configured to run my Share Allocation method as Most Free instead of the High Water. This is because I wanted the data equally shared on all of my drives.

If I were to add more drives would I expect to see this speed go up. How can I increase the transfer rate?

2018-12-03.png

I will give turbo write a try I have not implemented it. My thought process was that if I use Most Free Allocation method I hoped that Unraid would multi thread the writes to the drives which would allow for all of the drives to be use simultaneously. This would mimic the function of striping but not striping by bit but by file.

57 minutes ago, emsbas said:

My thought process was that if I use Most Free Allocation method I hoped that Unraid would multi thread the writes to the drives which would allow for all of the drives to be use simultaneously.

It will use them all, and for reads that's fine. Writes all update the parity drive, so every time a write is requested, the system has to wait for the parity drive to commit before it can move on to the next write, regardless of which data drive is involved. If you wanted, I suppose you could get a hardware RAID card that is supported, and RAID0 a bunch of SSD's to use as parity.

I call it real world speed test lol.

I am transferring data from the Cache Drive to the Array that is where I noticed the speed difference. The file sizes are all the same roughly 1.5 to 5 GB
My point being if it were over network, your bottleneck would probably be network and not the disks with those speeds

Sendt fra min ONEPLUS A6003 med Tapatalk