Sign in to follow this  
Socrates

Is there a maximum allowed memory configuration for unraid?

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

I have 8GB memory allocated to unraid, and it looks like it keeps running out of memory. Unraid is in a VM, and vshpere constantly complains about unraid running out of memory.

I have ordered 128GB ECC memory and should arrive today. So now I will have a lot more memory in hand that i can allocate to Unraid. Unraid being one of the most important VM in my ESXI stack, I dont mind allocating a larger chunk of my total memory slot.

I was planning to allocate it 32gb, would that be enough, if i have half a dozen dockers running, and grafana and telegraf pulling stats from various devices every few seconds?

Or should I allocate more?

Unraid will use as much RAM as you want to give it. Any amount above what is strictly needed is used to cache disk accesses, improving performance.

See my sig. My backup system is good enough with 8GB (just backup purpose), media system is quite fine with 32GB (right now just inhouse streaming with plex and a few small dockers). 

Thanks all, I have allocated 32GB to unraid, and the alerts in vsphere have seemed to be gone now. Things are running super smooth.