ManishGupta8

Mount Folder from 1 Unraid to 2nd Unraid

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hello experts, 

I do have 2 unraid boxes (Version 6.6.5 2018-11-08) and due to some specific needs I need to mount folder from 1st unraid to 2nd unraid. I simply need the access to see both from same machine. Please dont suggest to expand my hard disk but rather how to solve this. I am not expecting 2nd unraid to protect data from mounted folder  but i just need visibility. Think link how we access Unraid shares via Windows in same way now I just want Unraid Share from 1st machine to be accessible "for read only" via 2nd unraid machine. I tried below commands but it is not working. 

root@Tower2:/mnt/user/Media# mkdir Tower1                       ===> Created New Directory where I want to Mount

root@Tower2:/mnt/user/Media# sudo shfs -o allow_other root@<<Tower1 IP Address>>:/mnt/user/Personal_Data/Softwares /mnt/user/Media/Tower1

root@Tower2:/mnt/user/Media# cd /mnt/user/Media/Tower1
root@Tower2:/mnt/user/Media/Tower1# ls -ltr
total 0

Any help in this would be appreciated. 

Most people (including myself) use the Unassigned Devices plugin to mount remote shares

13 hours ago, Squid said:

Most people (including myself) use the Unassigned Devices plugin to mount remote shares

Can you please share the link which i can use for same to install it. 

Apps Tab.  Search for Unassigned Devices.  If you don't have an Apps tab, then install Community Applications (it's stickied in the Plugins section of the forum)