New Build for game streaming and media server/storage, no idea where to start!

So I've had issues booting back into my unRaid since attempting to move from 4.7 to 6.x, seems my MoBo no longer wants to boot from USB (only USB 2.0, flash drive is good). My current build is in my sig. I originally built unRaid for simply a NAS for movies and music. I want to now build a new unRaid system to allow for the same storage, video and music streaming to any device in the house, as well as video capture and game streaming to services like Twitch and Mixer (gaming would be on my gaming PC or XB1 and captured and streamed via the server.) 

I know I'll have to replace just about every component, so what would be the recommendations? I obviously don't need a heavy gaming CPU/GPU but still not sure what's needed in the media server side in terms of transcoding etc. 

If you guys need additional info, ask, and I'll reply as soon as I can. Trying to keep it reasonably priced as well. 

So, to add, the server would also be about 10' away from the main gaming rig with the KB/M wireless connections and a longer HDMI cable for the smaller monitor. I'm assuming I would need to run Windows in VM in order to run the game stream via capture card and also a video cam input. 

For Plex, I don't imagine running 4k transcoding for at least another 1-2 years, and won't have more then 2 concurrent streams (95% of the time probably just 1). 

Hopefully this helps narrow it down a bit. I've been looking at a lot of threads, and it seems that the builds are all over the place. 

• 7 months later...

Any success to your build?  I'm aiming to do the exact same thing (Unraid, Plex, OBS).  What parts did you go with?  CPU/GPU of choice and did you have to VM?  Performance?  Sorry, so many questions, but I'm trying to measure twice/cut once.