Poor performance HTML and PLEX ! PT-BR

Dear, Forgive me for ignorance, but I'm inexperienced with UNRAID. I'm trying TRIAL and I'm enjoying the proposal with an old notebook, an internal hd and an external 3.0. When I access the HTML pages of the dockers to configure, most of the time, there is an endless slowness that only improves with the restart of the machine, slow that exists in the UNRAID GUI as well. When accessing the plex, even without asking to touch any file, I notice an endless slowness in the GUI and when I command to play something I notice a slowness even with direct play. The machine is an i3 with 4gb of ram, I believe it was not for me to be suffering so much with performance and lack of response of the applications that I desire. I believe that you will ask for a LOG but as I am inexperienced, I would like before posting any LOG to be guided, even from where I should withdraw the log to make it available to you.

Google translator

---------------------------------------------

PT-BR

Prezados,

Me perdoem pela ignorância mas sou inexperiênte com o UNRAID.

Estou experimentando o TRIAL e estou gostando da proposta com um notebook velho, um hd interno e outro externo 3.0.

Quando acesso as páginas em HTML dos dockers para configurar, na maior parte do tempo, fica uma lentidão sem fim que só melhora com o restart da máquina, lentidão essa que existe na GUI do UNRAID também.

Ao acessar o plex, mesmo sem pedir para tocar nenhum arquivo, observo uma lentidão sem fim na GUI e quando mando tocar algo observo uma lentidão mesmo com o direct play.

A máquina é um i3 com 4gb de ram, acredito que não era para eu estar sofrendo tanto com desempenho e falta de resposta das aplicações que eu desejo.

Acredito que vocês irão pedir um LOG mas como sou inexperiente, gostaria de antes de postar qualquer LOG ser orientado, até mesmo de onde eu deveria retirar o log para disponibilizar para vocês.

Google translator 

The hardware you are attempting to use isn't a reasonable test bed for Unraid. You should at least get rid of that "thumb" drive you are attempting to use as a cache disk.

External USB disks aren't recommended. And laptops are especially not a good platform.

What exactly do you want to use Unraid for?

Also you're getting a lot of Ethernet crc errors and the CPU is overheating, but like trurl mentioned it's really not adequate hardware for Unraid.

Dec  5 12:01:34 Tower kernel: jme 0000:02:00.5 eth0: TCP Checksum error
Dec  5 12:07:12 Tower kernel: jme 0000:02:00.5 eth0: UDP Checksum error
### [PREVIOUS LINE REPEATED 51 TIMES] ###
Dec  5 16:15:29 Tower kernel: CPU3: Core temperature above threshold, cpu clock throttled (total events = 127)
Dec  5 16:15:29 Tower kernel: CPU1: Core temperature above threshold, cpu clock throttled (total events = 127)
Dec  5 16:15:29 Tower kernel: CPU0: Package temperature above threshold, cpu clock throttled (total events = 130)
Dec  5 16:15:29 Tower kernel: CPU2: Package temperature above threshold, cpu clock throttled (total events = 130)
Dec  5 16:15:29 Tower kernel: CPU1: Package temperature above threshold, cpu clock throttled (total events = 129)
Dec  5 16:15:29 Tower kernel: CPU0: Package temperature/speed normal
Dec  5 16:15:29 Tower kernel: CPU2: Package temperature/speed normal
Dec  5 16:15:29 Tower kernel: CPU3: Core temperature/speed normal
Dec  5 16:15:29 Tower kernel: CPU1: Core temperature/speed normal
Dec  5 16:15:29 Tower kernel: CPU1: Package temperature/speed normal
Dec  5 16:25:37 Tower kernel: jme 0000:02:00.5 eth0: UDP Checksum error
### [PREVIOUS LINE REPEATED 130 TIMES] ###
Dec  5 23:38:13 Tower kernel: jme 0000:02:00.5 eth0: TCP Checksum error
Dec  5 23:41:07 Tower kernel: jme 0000:02:00.5 eth0: UDP Checksum error

Hello friends, the notebook is a piece of crap, I know, I do not need security on the mini server or I save important files in it, I need the server to automatically download movies and series and make it available on my Samsung 4k tv, now clear, if I could fix the bizarre crashes will be good. From what I understand, he's super warm right? So the first step would be to change the thermal paste. I would also like to say, restarting unraid does not always start automatically, that countdown of seconds in the boot gets stuck.

so

1- Remove pendrive cache, back cache to internal notebook hd. (With pendrive cache i feel better performance)

2- Change thermal paste to control temperature.

3- other ideas?

Friends, I put all this together with scraps, I just want to improve as much as possible the use of these scraps.

thx

12 minutes ago, samukets said:

I need the server to automatically download movies and series and make it available on my Samsung 4k tv

I don't see why you want to use Unraid for this. You can do those things with practically any OS. You can just install some free linux and run dockers there, for example. Or just run the apps without even bothering with docker.

Pendrive is a very bad choice for anything that is going to see a lot of writes, and will be slower than even a spinner. And with no parity there isn't any point in having cache unless it is an SSD.