diskover - index, search and manage the files on your unraid storage

shirosai

For support with diskover docker in unraid, please go to the link below, the lsio guys are providing support for the diskover docker container there, or also on docker-support on the lsio discord server. For any issues specific to just diskover, you can submit an issue on the diskover github page.

On 12/8/2018 at 8:19 AM, jonathanm said:

Are you going to be actively supporting the app here?

16 hours ago, shirosai said:

For support with diskover docker in unraid, please go to the link below, the lsio guys are providing support for the diskover docker container there, or also on docker-support on the lsio discord server. For any issues specific to just diskover, you can submit an issue on the diskover github page.

Sounds like a NO for support directly from you on this forum. Why did you post here?

8 hours ago, jonathanm said:

Sounds like a NO for support directly from you on this forum. Why did you post here?

If unraid users need help with diskover, those are the best places to get help, I posted in Lounge to provide awareness of diskover since I'm the developer and trying to get more unraid people using it, since I think it could be useful to a lot of them.

I think there may have been a misunderstanding, my fault.

I was asking if you were going to be active in the unraid forums, supporting your app. Not if this thread was for support. Since I have seen a few posts by you in the support thread, the answer is YES, the author of the app will be providing support on the unraid forum site. That is not always the case, and since you posted here advertising your app, I wanted a clear answer if you would be active on the unraid site, dealing with unraid specific issues that come up with your app.

• 1 year later...
On 12/8/2018 at 2:49 AM, shirosai said:

I'm developing diskover and it has been recently released on linuxserver.io docker image. If you are looking for something to index your files and be able to search and manage them, check out diskover.

https://shirosaidev.github.io/diskover/

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/75763-support-linuxserverio-diskover/

How do I add additional paths to crawl, i.e. SMB, NFS, local? Where are those paths stored? I can't seem to find this very obvious answer in the documentation 😐

Thanks!

• 2 months later...
On 12/16/2019 at 8:42 PM, coolspot said:

How do I add additional paths to crawl, i.e. SMB, NFS, local? Where are those paths stored? I can't seem to find this very obvious answer in the documentation 😐

Thanks!

Mount the remote host with either smb/cifs or nfs and use diskover's -d <path> cli option to crawl that mount point path. You can also use fuse for s3 and other cloud storage. Treewalk client is just additional crawl option for diskover, but not required to crawl remote hosts, you can just use diskover.py. The linuxserver.io container is using /data as the mount point that get's crawled when the container runs. You can always point /data at something else or you can shell into the container and run diskover.py.