Replaced Boot USB - can

Hi all, been scanning but cant find any previous threads - so please will you guide me - or send a link.

My USB boot failed, so purchased a new one, all bootable, and licence key re-installed - i can remote onto it fine from my main PC on the network

Foolishly I cant find my backup - so how can I find out which is my parity disk, and the order of the remaining 4 (If there is one) of the other disks in the array?

All the drives are coming up unassigned.

I'm afraid to mis-select incase I wipe the lot

I have 5 disks in total?

thanks in advance.

p.

Hi Constructor - so far so good.

Put all into the array - and started - identified disk xxx018 which was un mountable (Capture 1)

So de-selected from the array and put into the parity (Capture2) - and the array wont display as startable.

I've left config this way and rebooted, and upon re-start puts disk xxx018 back into slot 5?

Thanks again.

Capture 1.GIF

Capture 2.GIF

2 minutes ago, Spanner said:

Ah right - so it's doing a check of the array - and will be back on line at the end of the rebuild?

thanks

p.

All your shares should be online and available now. However, you should avoid a whole lot of file activity, as it will slow down the parity build.

If you had users and user security set up, all that will be gone and need to be reset.