Two video cards questions. Passthrough and unriad...

I built a new rig.  I have a Asus ROG x470 with ryzen 2800x.  

I want this machine to be two thing.  A desktop machine running windows 10, and unraid in background. 

I have unraid running and windows 10 vm with a new MSI radeon rx570 8g. 

I also have a older nvidia qudro nvs 450 that I want to use as my unraid video card. 

I can keep other monitor and keyboard and mouse on the side to manage unraid without having to touch main computer (yes, I know I can through webui,but if I have to reboot and start array, need backup monitor)

The issue I have had and worked through.  I had unraid boot to gui, which was going through rx570.  Then when I booted vm, and passed that card to vm, both systems were fighting for the card.   Now I just boot unraid to default, terminal screen, then have to use laptop to start the array, then vm will load and I see the monitor working. 

I can't seem to get the system to boot and utilize the nvidia card as my main card, and don't tough the rx570 as that is strictly to be passed through to the vm.  

How do I get unraid to boot to gui (I am sure something in go file) and have unraid use the nvidia card as the management card?

RX570 is in 1st pci slot on board (closest to cpu).  Nvidia is in 2nd pci slot.  

Please assist! 

Thanks as always!

In BIOS you should be able to choose, which GPU will be primary for booting. Unraid than takes that GPU from BIOS.

If you do not have such an option in BIOS, than put your nVidia GPU in first slot and AMD GPU in second slot. Performance wise it does not matter, because PCIe x8 is fast enough for the Radeon.

https://us.informatiweb.net/tutorials/it/9-bios/230--force-the-use-of-the-internal-graphics-card-onboard-vga.html

Edited by Maor