Parity Check after Disk failed and remove?

Hi there 

I had a disk with reallocated sectors and removed it with this https://wiki.unraid.net/Shrink_array --> The "Remove Drives Then Rebuild Parity" Method because it was on a extern USB Disk Array. This was probably the problem. Actually I do not need the disk anymore.

After did a new config I started the array. Everything works and shares are reachable like before. 

Now my question. Do I have parity check manually? There ist still the "not installed disk" visible in main tab. See below...

Also i attached the tower-diagnostics-20181210-0302.zip

Thank you for any help.

cracksilver

screenshot_20.thumb.png.9b9bd0d84f114b209f52db28461172c6.png

Actually I dont want to keep 3 disks in the array. The reason is simple. My HP Microserver Gen8 has space for about 4 Disks. The third disk is connected via USB and is mounted in a extern Disk Case with another 3 Disks. Im unhappy with USB in the array, because the USB Controller does the job not like I want. For example, after a reboot the Disk case is down and has to start up manually by press the button. This is unlucky for the array wants actually to start with all disks available for it needs.

But if I put it back and reach a correct running array I should have another try to remove the disk 3 correct.

The correct workflow is exactly as listed in that wiki you linked. Where are you getting this from?

25 minutes ago, cracksilver said:

do NO new config

There is nothing like that in that wiki, and if you aren't doing New Config then that explains exactly the results you are getting.

Please go back to the wiki and quote what you perceive to be the relevant steps in your next post.

sorry I copied from the thread befor...

Now I did it again. Now I did it right!

The problem was that I have just clicked on "done" not on "appl". Probably it was to late last night ;-)

after stopping array:

screenshot_84.thumb.png.c6e0b5e3caedc70f6dffc0237168bff2.png

and after did an new config (with clicking on "apply") and started the array it looks perfect:

screenshot_85.thumb.png.86eed9db07abaa7d3a3936e9ff513802.png

thank you for your patience with me..

have a good day/night, wherever you are located ;-)

cracksilver