H310 PERC Flashing gone wrong

TheBawse

So I'm attempting to flash an H310 PERC card to IT mode for the second time.  I already have a 310 in my unraid server that I flashed without issue and went flawlessly.  This time however not so much.  I bought another card off ebay to add more drives to my NAS.

popped the card in my spare desktop to flash and upon boot up the cards BIOS showed up on screen and everything seemed normal indicating the card was working properly with its RAID firmware.

I followed this How-To blog post when I flashed my first card and did the same this time around: https://techmattr.wordpress.com/2016/04/11/updated-sas-hba-crossflashing-or-flashing-to-it-mode-dell-perc-h200-and-h310/

What I did so far...

• Created a bootable USB key with Freedos using Rufus + copied over the downloaded files from the website.
  • Retrieved my SAS# through the cmd line 
    megacli.exe -AdpAllInfo -aAll -page 20

• Prepared the card to have the new firmware written to it 

megarec.exe -writesbr 0 sbrempty.bin

This was a success, unlike my first card where I got a failure and had to proceed to using "megarec.exe -cleanflash 0"

IMG-20181209-151617.jpg
    scream 4 knife

• Rebooted my PC, booted into FREEDOS and then started sas2flsh to write the DELL 6GBPSAS.fw flash file using cmd line 

sas2flsh.exe -o -f 6GBPSAS.fw

IMG-20181209-131738.jpg
    scream 4 knife

The LSI flash utility started but as you can see in the screen shot it just hangs there.  It will remain that way until I manually restart the system.  I rebooted and tried many times and the outcome was the same.

• I changed computers as well as the sas2flsh.exe file to version P19 on my usb key and tried again. This time I got an error message while attempting to write the flash file.
    IMG-20181209-221855.jpg
    scream 4 knife

Not sure whats happening here.  I'm at a loss right now as to why I can't get this to work.  Anyone else run into these issues?

Thanks for your time!

Edited by TheBawse