Where do I go from here? Multiple Disk issues.

T800

I checked on my server last night to see how much free space I had and one of the disks was disabled and being emulated (Disk5). The error pointed to a possible cable issue. I shutdown the server, reseated the cables for Disk5 and rebooted.

This morning I removed Disk5 from the array, started the array, stopped the array and re-enabled Disk 5 and started up again. The array started and the contents started being reconstructed.

I'm at work 2 hours later and I check how it's going. One of my parity drives is now disabled and Disk1 has millions of errors on it.

See pic

I must have disturbed the other cables when I was sorting Disk5 (idiot). I immediately stopped the sync.

I'm guessing I've lost the contents of Disk5?

What do I do next?

Screenshot 2018-12-10 at 09.08.34.png

tower-diagnostics-20181210-0909.zip

Edited by T800
3 hours ago, T800 said:

I checked on my server last night ... and one of the disks was disabled...

I'm at work 2 hours later and I check how it's going.

It should never be necessary to actually look at the Unraid webUI to know when you have a problem.

You absolutely must setup Notifications so it will alert you immediately by email or other agent when Unraid detects a problem. People who don't know when they have get a single problem are those people who wind up with multiple problems they can't recover from.

5 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

Nothing was written to parity1 since it dropped offline, though you'll need to resync it since it got disabled, you can do that at the same time as you rebuild the disabled disk.

Both drives are back and have no issues via smart report. Disk1 is back in the array as normal. Parity1 is still saying disabled. Do I need to do a new config? Will that effect the rebuilding of Disk5?

4 hours ago, trurl said:

It should never be necessary to actually look at the Unraid webUI to know when you have a problem.

You absolutely must setup Notifications so it will alert you immediately by email or other agent when Unraid detects a problem. People who don't know when they have get a single problem are those people who wind up with multiple problems they can't recover from.

I've tried the email settings before but I can never get it past the "Test" phase and get it to work. That being said I will this time.

18 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

though you'll need to resync it since it got disabled, you can do that at the same time as you rebuild the disabled disk.

My array is stopped. How do I resync the parity drive?

Edited by T800
9 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Unassign it, also unassign the disk you're rebuilding (disk5), start the array, check that the emulated disk5 mounts correctly, stop the array, re-assign both disks and start the array to begin parity sync and disk rebuild.

That did it, thank you!