Unable to boot

tursiops

Dear everyone, 

I’m currently with a pretty big issue with my unraid system, I had to reboot because the system was unresponsive, but when i rebooted the usb key was no longer detected but the port worked fine because i put a keyboard on it, so i updated my bios to the latest version and it worked, the usb key is now detected, but I have another issue, now the system is always booting to the bios and i’ve tried to check all the usual options to make sure it was ok, like ahci and sata, disabled fast boot. 

My config is as follows: 

asus h370m-plus

5 wd red 4tb

2 samsung evo m.2 ssd for cache

intel 8700 cpu

Any ideas ?

Thanks! 

4 hours ago, tursiops said:

Here is what I get at boot time 

ADB953AE-F05B-41B6-8C04-8A13B26CDF29.jpeg

I expect you would get that even if it went ahead and booted from flash. BIOS isn't something that 'boots'. It loads before booting can even happen, since the Basic Input Output System is required to be there before it can read the boot device.

The question is whether or not it continues from that point. Does anything else happen after that if you wait a bit? On some systems you will get a message telling you it didn't find a boot device. On some systems you just get a blinking cursor. On some systems if it doesn't find a boot device it goes directly to the BIOS Setup screens. And on some systems it just takes a little bit of time for it to detect or check the hardware before it continues to boot from the assigned boot device.

1 hour ago, trurl said:

I expect you would get that even if it went ahead and booted from flash. BIOS isn't something that 'boots'. It loads before booting can even happen, since the Basic Input Output System is required to be there before it can read the boot device.

The question is whether or not it continues from that point. Does anything else happen after that if you wait a bit? On some systems you will get a message telling you it didn't find a boot device. On some systems you just get a blinking cursor. On some systems if it doesn't find a boot device it goes directly to the BIOS Setup screens. And on some systems it just takes a little bit of time for it to detect or check the hardware before it continues to boot from the assigned boot device.

It just boots into the bios and nothing else. No error message or anything....

38 minutes ago, Taddeusz said:

I have the CSM version of that same motherboard. Do you have your USB drive set for UEFI or BIOS boot? You should have it set for UEFI boot if you don't already.

I will make a screen capture asap, but I'm pretty sure it's uefi. My latest supposition was that because I've updated the bios that It could have reset everything to default because I had to change the settings back to ahci and not raid. Also disabled fast boot.