call taces :(

so ive had a couple big crashes the last few months but ive been unable to determine the cause. i thought it was static ips on my docker containers so i removed them, call taces still appeared. Yesterday I got a call trace and another corrupted btrfs when i was doing some big downloads, so i thought its probably a dying cache drive (nevermind theyre both samsung evo 840s, which ive yet to see one fail, not saying they dont fail ive just yet to see it and ive seen a lot of ssds fail and i have about 40 of them running at work) so i removed the cache pool (now my server is running in super snail mode) until i could determine the culprit. well this morning i awoke to another call trace, so no idea what the cause is now. i suppose some general hardware troubleshooting is in order, anyone recommend a way of getting to the bottom of this? at work we use dells with the built in diagnostics so im a little out of touch with hardware diagnostic software or maybe theres something already part of unraid?

veyron-diagnostics-20181210-0643.zip

1 minute ago, bonienl said:

When VLANs are used on the Unraid server, these must be supported on your switch as a trunk connection (if a switch is present) and your router needs to be configured too to use VLANs (sub-interfaces).

Configure switch ports to support trunk connections, I believe I've seen options for that on my Netgear switch. I'll look more into that.

As for my router (ASUS RT-AC3100) I've seen some talk of using robocfg to accomplish this but I'm not really sure what needs to happen. I'm guessing the port connecting to my switch needs to have the VLAN tagged to it? I know this probably isn't the place to ask for help with that but I'm not even sure what question to ask in the relevant forum.

What really confuses me is that I want to access my containers from my main LAN. If I put the containers on a VLAN doesn't that isolate my containers? 

Having no experience with VLANs, I'm pushing the limits of my networking knowledge here. Since it seems that these issues arouse after the release of 6.5, maybe I should just look at downgrading until these issues are resolved? Is downgrading from 6.6.6 to 6.4.1 even doable?

Without VLANs all can work as expected, but server and containers will be in the same network, no segregation.

VLANs (or more physical interfaces) are required when more isolation between server and containers is preferred (security) or server to container communication is required.

The observed call traces happen when a broadcast frame is received on a macvlan interface, not everybody is experiencing this issue (like myself). Difficult to tell if/when this will be solved in the linux kernel. The VLAN solution / workaround works for a number of users.