Web Server setup - phpmyadmin

Jason442

Hello, I recently built my unraid server, so pretty new. Here is the link to my first post:

I pretty much have everything up and running as I want, except that I want to setup a local wordpress site for cooking and recipes. I installed Apache-PHP, and MariaDB, and to my surprise, phpmyadmin is not included in either, nor is there a convenient docker under community apps. It looks like their is a docker that would have to be installed via the more manual method, but that's where I get lost. 

Does anyone know of a guide or tutorial on how to get phpmyadmin setup on unraid?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/21/2019 at 10:10 AM, pokmiuhy said:

With MySQL 8, I'm getting the below error. It's a known issue but I can't figure out a way to change the default back to mysql_native_password. Is there a way via extra parameters or post arguments? 

The server requested authentication method unknown to the client [caching_sha2_password]

I have the same problem. Did you ever get this resolved?

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/21/2019 at 5:55 PM, David Ramones said:

I have the same problem. Did you ever get this resolved?

You can use the ALTER command to change the encryption of the password to mysql_native_password instead of the latest authentication plugin caching_sha2_password. I executed the below and it's now working. Not sure if this is the right way or just a work around, but it's working for me.

ALTER USER 'username'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED WITH mysql_native_password BY 'password';