how do you reactivate a Faulty Drive from UDMA CRC error count

comet424

oh ok  i can do that.. i used the 250 GB ssd in a laptop instead.. .because when i had it set for a 250 cache drive and set to yes not the perfer  as soon as it filled up  i got warning from unraid  cache is full... so for me i didnt see a point in it.. as i was transfering big files.. i guess its only good as long as you dont transfer big files or you need a 1TB ssd for caching  correct..

i didnt know there was ram cache really...  up untill last year when i first sampled my first SSD and tried freenas and unraid  never heard of either... or Pfsense i still new to the game... frig my first hard drive was like a 120 meg ide hard drive back in early 90s  so always learning 

you know whats messed.. i was watching earlier on my plex server 6th day.. then i doing these testings with ya.. change this change that...  i now tried to watch it again...  damn movie is now in a different language... go play it directly from a windows share on my desktop same issue...  different language in there... reboot unraid.. and the language is back to normal.. frig have you ever heard or seen that lol weird science here and i dont mean the movie lol

1 hour ago, Taddeusz said:

The speeds progressively drop because hard drives store the same amount of data on the inner most track as they do on the outer most track. Because drives spin at a constant rate the result is it takes less time to read from the inner tracks and so transfer rates are higher there than the outer tracks.

I'm pretty sure this is backwards. The outer tracks are longer, so more data per revolution on the outer cylinders. Even if there were the same amount of data on an outer vs inner track, that would only say that they are the same speed since the tracks are rotating at the same speed.

4 minutes ago, trurl said:

I'm pretty sure this is backwards. The outer tracks are longer, so more data per revolution on the outer cylinders. Even if there were the same amount of data on an outer vs inner track, that would only say that they are the same speed since the tracks are rotating at the same speed.

Yeah, I think you're right. I must be thinking of older technology where the same sector on each track across the drive actually stores the same amount of data. That would mean the same amount of data is taking up progressively more physical space on the outer tracks. For some reason I was also thinking drives read data from inside to outside. Don't know why.

hey doesnt matter to me..  as long as things work  no matter  we all human not robot yet  so we forget etc.. i just happy i getting better speeds not so much off the usb but thats fine... and that weird different language  i got on plex and just running windows media player off the unraid...  had to reboot it and that fix that... probably the different settings you had me do needed a new reboot to fix all that stuff lol...

2 minutes ago, comet424 said:

hey doesnt matter to me..  as long as things work  no matter  we all human not robot yet  so we forget etc.. i just happy i getting better speeds not so much off the usb but thats fine... and that weird different language  i got on plex and just running windows media player off the unraid...  had to reboot it and that fix that... probably the different settings you had me do needed a new reboot to fix all that stuff lol...

That is really weird. I've never had anything like that happen.

me neither...  was watching the 6th day with arnold  earlier  then i stopped and did your setting changes 2048 4096 whatever those did.. the set to reconstruct the turbo plugin etc... and then while i decided to rewatch on plex  im like this cant be right movie different language  so i tried windows media play and \\tower etc  and it also was different langauge 

its like years ago when i had mp3s  or avi  hard drive corrupted  and when i recovered data with easu or so  the song was not the song  or the video  was to have talking yet it was some mp3 audio now on the avi...  so thats messed .. lol

but i do appreciate you help so far.. learned alot over less then a year coming from Windows Home Server  of more then 15 yrs