Tv Tuner Setup With plex

Hi, I am running the LinuxServer Docker for plex and have a plex pass. I'm looking to setup up the Live tv and recording funcitonality however I am struggling to find out how to do this. I found the LinuxServer DVB docker however there was a comment on there recently stating this was being deprecated. Basically can anyone explain to me what hardware I need to buy and how to setup the software?

I was looking to just get a USB Tuner card.

Thank you in advance!

8 minutes ago, james.page6978 said:

Hi, I am running the LinuxServer Docker for plex and have a plex pass. I'm looking to setup up the Live tv and recording funcitonality however I am struggling to find out how to do this. I found the LinuxServer DVB docker however there was a comment on there recently stating this was being deprecated. Basically can anyone explain to me what hardware I need to buy and how to setup the software?

I was looking to just get a USB Tuner card.

Thank you in advance!

You need a Plex supported tuner; see here.

If you really want to make it easy get an HDHomeRun tuner and forget the hassle of internal tuner card drivers, compatibility and configuration.

Just connect the HDHR to your network with an Ethernet cable (and an antenna for OTA reception) and let Plex Live TV and DVR detect it.  Done!

I have two HDHR tuners on my network integrated with Plex.  No muss, no fuss.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Hoopster said:

You need a Plex supported tuner; see here.

If you really want to make it easy get an HDHomeRun tuner and forget the hassle of internal tuner card drivers, compatibility and configuration.

Just connect the HDHR to your network with an Ethernet cable (and an antenna for OTA reception) and let Plex Live TV and DVR detect it.  Done!

I have two HDHR tuners on my network integrated with Plex.  No muss, no fuss.

Thanks for the help, I will have a look at the HDHomeRun!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Just set up my HDHomeRun Connect Quatro with my Plex media server running on UnRaid, the guide is there and I can view all channels and am able to pause live tv,
Whenever I try and schedule a recording from Plex on my FireTv Cube, or my Chrome browser I get either " an unexpected error" or " unablke to schedule recording please try again later"
I have tried shutting down my Fire Tv and the browser but still the same issue
Any ideas
Thanks

2 hours ago, bndrillo said:

Whenever I try and schedule a recording from Plex on my FireTv Cube, or my Chrome browser I get either " an unexpected error" or " unablke to schedule recording please try again later"

I have just tried scheduling a recording from my Fire TV Cube, iPhone and the Plex app in a web browser.  All recordings were scheduled successfully. 

In the Plex App, you might want to delete the DVR in Settings-->Manage-->Live TV and DVR and set it up again.

image.png.e28450b4c5359dffab23d0eb706455ec.png

7 hours ago, Hoopster said:

I have just tried scheduling a recording from my Fire TV Cube, iPhone and the Plex app in a web browser.  All recordings were scheduled successfully. 

In the Plex App, you might want to delete the DVR in Settings-->Manage-->Live TV and DVR and set it up again.

image.png.e28450b4c5359dffab23d0eb706455ec.png

I just deleted the DVR and set it up again and am getting the same problem