cannot get ip add fresh install

hey everyone, having nothing but trouble so far, coming from freenas everything worked fine but now i cant seem to get the box to connect to the internet with unraid. I have a x9scm-f mobo, i tried moving all 3 jumpers over to disable the onboard nics and put in a pci card and tried that and still nothing. spent days on this and i dont know what else to do except put everything in a woodchipper...it also says cannont find bond0 if that means anything. Ive tried googling million posts and tried what other people did but nothing seems to work for me. Just paid for unraid expecting it to work and seems like a waste of money so far...

24 minutes ago, Saiyan528 said:

hey everyone, having nothing but trouble so far, coming from freenas everything worked fine but now i cant seem to get the box to connect to the internet with unraid. I have a x9scm-f mobo, i tried moving all 3 jumpers over to disable the onboard nics and put in a pci card and tried that and still nothing. spent days on this and i dont know what else to do except put everything in a woodchipper...it also says cannont find bond0 if that means anything. Ive tried googling million posts and tried what other people did but nothing seems to work for me. Just paid for unraid expecting it to work and seems like a waste of money so far...

You have not provided much useful information for helping you resolve the issue.  I doubt your onboard NICs are the problem.

Does unRAID boot up fine and you just cannot connect to the Internet?  Can you get to the GUI?  Are there any errors in your syslog (other than 'cannot find bond0')? 

If the system boots fine, please post your diagnostics .zip file (Tools --> Diagnostics in the GUI or type 'diagnostics' at the console) and provide a bit more detail on what happens when you boot unRAID.

Without diagnostics, everyone will just be guessing.

How was the flash disk created?    If created manually then have you made sure it is labelled “UNRAID”, and is in FAT32 format?

Experience has shown that USB2 ports are more reliable than USB3 ones if you have a choice of ports to use.   Since Unraid runs from RAM you do not need the increased performance that is the main benefit of USB3.

Have you tried booting the USB stick in a different computer?  That might be a way of validating the USB stick.

Edited by itimpi

Did you format the stick to FAT32 before you ran the creator?

Try using RUFUS to format it.

BTW, this...

3 hours ago, Saiyan528 said:

Just paid for unraid expecting it to work and seems like a waste of money so far...

Followed by this...

39 minutes ago, Saiyan528 said:

If I can get it running I’d like to purchase it 

Leaves a bad impression.

Those should be fine - that is what I use in my own UnRAID systems.

Are you booting in UEFI mode or legacy mode?    If you have been using UEFI mode then you might want to try legacy mode (or vice versa).   Note that for UEFI mode then you need to rename the folder to not have a trailing ~ character.

Edited by itimpi
1 minute ago, jonathanm said:

Did you format the stick to FAT32 before you ran the creator?

Try using RUFUS to format it.

BTW, this...

Followed by this...

Leaves a bad impression.

ok detective i went to the site to purchase it and have been just trying to get it to work for the past 3 days and didn't remember that i actually haven't paid for it yet... don't come in here trolling. "that leaves a bad impression" don't be that guy

2 minutes ago, Saiyan528 said:

ok detective i went to the site to purchase it and have been just trying to get it to work for the past 3 days and didn't remember that i actually haven't paid for it yet... don't come in here trolling. "that leaves a bad impression" don't be that guy

I was trying to be helpful and troubleshoot your issue. When I don't know what to believe in your posts it makes it hard to give good advice.

You set the tone here, I'm just offering suggestions that have worked for others that have had similar issues.

Just now, Saiyan528 said:

also i just went and downloaded unraid 6.6 from teh site and theres no .iso in the zip file...should i make that into an iso and then manually install it with rufus?

No, just use rufus to format the drive and set the label to UNRAID. Don't bother with the part of rufus that tries to put files on it.

5 minutes ago, Saiyan528 said:

Maybe the unraid creator doesn’t rename it. 

It's supposed to. However...

The USB creator is a relatively new thing, and obviously still has teething issues. I suspect it does rename properly, but doesn't do enough verification of the device format. I haven't actually used it, so I dunno.

7 minutes ago, Saiyan528 said:

And thank you a lot. “Invisible hug”

You're welcome.

Hope the rest of your unraid journey is smoother, but if you run into an issue, the forums are full of information. Unraid is a mature product in the grand scheme of tech things.

Unfortunately the forum search is pretty broken, but google search works fine.

add site:forums.unraid.net to the search terms you want to look for.