Can't start any game on VM

Jaster

I installed a Win10 VM and trying to start any game (via steam). I tired using RDP or inhome streaming.

I can see the process spawning, but immediatly crashing/exiting. Sometimes the splash/load screen of a game pops up and is gone immediatly.

I tryied passing through both avialable GPU's (RX580, primary) and GTX1060 (secondary).

The CPU is passed thought (not emulated) and I'm using SeaBios.

Whats the next steps to find a solution?

@Jaster For me all my Steam Games on a network share are working. Origin had some problems, but never had any issues with steam no matter if I add a steam library entry for the already mounted network share or hard linking the direktory to the local steam folder. I some cases users reported some copy protection mechanisms doesnt like to run from a network drive.

I run into all sorts of issues with certain games using SMB shares.  Had me trying all sorts of solutions for different games- once I passed through a drive or attached a vhdx on an SMB share, things worked properly.  It was really hard to troubleshoot since games would fail with different errors and some of them would work, even when others won't.  Tried reinstall of various framework ect, only worked with direct attach storage for me.