HELP - Running Trial version, bought key, stopped array, now nothing

Matt k

I have been running a trial version without any issues for a couple months.  

I finally got around to buying a Pro Tier 3 license.  I input the link to the key.  The instructions said that I must stop the array for the changes to be accepted.

I went to the Main tab and clicked "stop array".  

Now it is several hours later and I see under the ArrayOperation section the green indicator and "stopping...." suggesting that the array is still up, but the stop process is hung up?

The bottom of the page has a message that reads: "Array Stopping - Retry unmounting user share(s)"

What do I do now?  It appears that I can click on the "reboot button" and/or the "Power down" button but I'm afraid to do so without messing something up.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, trurl said:

The zip file itself, not some of its contents.

I am going to delete all of those other posts you made.

If you go to Tools - Diagnostics it lets you download a single zip file. Possibly what is happening at your end is something is automatically opening the zip file and you are then trying to post each thing that was in the zip. Please go to wherever your downloads are saved and find the actual zip file itself and post just that single zip file.

Thanks if anyone can help.

Can this be recovered or fixed or do I need to go through and reload all the applications I was running and reconfigure them?  I had to hire someone to help me do it the first time and need to see if that person is available.  

Should I just sit tight until I know if it can be saved?

Thanks

7 minutes ago, Matt k said:

There's the problem.  Tools - Diagnostic didn't download a zip file, it downloaded a folder with all the previous folders in it.

That problem is totally on your end somehow. What browser are you using? The webUI does download a zip file. In fact I don't think it is possible to make something happen that is actually a folder download.

27 minutes ago, trurl said:

wherever your downloads are saved and find the actual zip file itself and post just that single zip file.

Do you know where your browser puts downloaded files? Lots of other people using Macs have not had this difficulty.

Why do you have such an old version of Unraid if you have only been using it a couple of months? You are running 6.5.1 but 6.5.2 was release way back in April.

I don't see anything obviously wrong in those diagnostics. If they are giving me an accurate idea of what is on your flash drive then you don't have any plugins installed. But I think its more likely you have flash corruption.

Put your flash drive in your PC and let it checkdisk. I think in the Apple world it is disk utilities or something like that. Then try again.

4 minutes ago, Matt k said:

Should I just sit tight until I know if it can be saved?

Give us a little time.

I guess it was more than a couple month ago.  Honestly unRaid was so stable I set it up and have never touched it since initial installation.  I was preparing to replace my cache drive, add a new 8TB drive and upgrade unRaid and noticed that I had not obtained a Pro Key yet so I went through the process to buy the key.  The instructions told me I had to stop the array for the changes to take place so I did, this is what led to all the problems.  

Do I need to shut the server down before I pull the flash drive out and perform check disk?  If so, is there a shut down procedure I should follow to avoid problems in the future?  

When I run check disk, what am I looking for?  Is there some type of report that should come back to tell me what to do next?

Thanks

3 minutes ago, Matt k said:

Do I need to shut the server down before I pull the flash drive out and perform check disk?  

yes

3 minutes ago, Matt k said:

When I run check disk, what am I looking for?  Is there some type of report that should come back to tell me what to do next?

I assume it tells you something but I have never worked in the Apple world. You might have to google that.

14 minutes ago, Matt k said:

There were two unraid files on the flash drive a large one and a very small one.

Maybe I am not understanding. Are you sure you are looking in the top folder of the flash drive? Are you saying the flash drive only had 2 files on it and no others? Not several files and several folders?

I apologize, Would you like a list of the files on the flash?  I'm sorry, I really don't know what I'm doing, so I can't "read between the lines" on what you are looking for.

Please tell me exactly what you need to see and I will try to get it for you.  

BTW, Squid suggests to reinstall CA.  I have no idea what CA means.

Edited by Matt k

Well that is definitely wrong, sounds like you have 2 partitions. And I can't imagine how you could have gotten to that state if it was working before.

There probably isn't much point in trying to figure out how you got to this point. Looks like the (F:) partition is new and maybe the (D:) partition has what you need on it. So we will start there.

Make a backup copy each of these config folders to somewhere on your PC. Make sure you keep them separate and you can identify them later.

Prepare the flash as a new install, copy the config folder from the (D:) backup to that new install, then try to boot Unraid.

If you have any questions about this please ask before doing anything.

Thanks for this.

Reformatted the flash drive, used the unraid USB Creator.  Then copied my Config Folder over from "Unraid (D:) it asked it I wanted to overwrite files, I said yes.

It appears to boot up, then it asks me to KrumsMedia Login:  and Password:.   I have tried every conceivable combination that I normally use but all are incorrect.

Without the correct log-in and PW, am I dead in the water?