Created a Windows 10 VM, with GTX 1070 GPU passthrough. Gamestream option not present

jang430

Hi.  I created a gaming VM, with GTX 1070 passed through.  Everything is working alright.  The VM detected my GTX 1070, and I installed Nvidia drivers. In device manager, I see my GTX 1070.  I can connect to it just fine.  When I open the Nvidia Experience app, I can see that Gamestream is ok on my system, memory is enough, it detected my gpu, etc.  The Shield TAB shows "no information available" though.  Any suggestions?  

I don't know if this has anything to do with me using a pcie riser, from x16 (connected to Video card) to x8 (connected to my motherboard).  Current motherboard only has PCIE 3.0 x8.  This shouldn't be a problem from what I've read so far.  Please help.

Hi.  Anyone know if there's any particular machine type, BIOS, Hyper-V (enabled, disabled) that should be done to have gamestream enabled?  Mine shows "information not available."  On the settings General tab, it shows Gamestream ready.

I use HDMI dongle, that worked before using a different motherboard, with the same video card.  Currently, my motherboard only supports x8 PCIE 3.0, so I'm using a riser that changes PCIE x16 to x8, but I don't think that's the issue.

I have uninstalled (using DDUninstaller), reinstalled, using a lower version from the current one, uninstalled, and reinstalled current versions, still not working.  Still it shows Gamestream ready.

Hope someone can help.

So.. assume you have a monitor plugged into it correct? If you remote desktop to it. It will disable the Nvidia driver as it switched it for a Microsoft one. So to enable it the first time you'll have to  have a monitor. What I do is not have a password and if I want to remotely game I reboot the machine and then connect. Also I believe to access the feature you have to login to Nvidia experience.

Edited by Jerky_san
  • Like 1