translate UnRAID and purchase

Hello.
I am interested in the possibility of translating the interface into Russian.
If there is a translation file into other languages and can it be edited?
I'll make translation.

Also interested.
Are there any discounts on the purchase of ubraid more than 1 copy, let's say 5-10 copies at a time.
For me, friends and colleagues.

Edited by m.Anton
1 hour ago, m.Anton said:

Are there any discounts on the purchase of ubraid more than 1 copy, let's say 5-10 copies at a time.
For me, friends and colleagues.

A license is registered to the email address from which it was purchased and is non-transferable.  If you purchase 5-10 licenses, they are all yours and cannot be registered to another email address/person.

License keys are transferable to a different USB stick should the original fail, but, the license registration cannot be transferred.

1 hour ago, Hoopster said:

A license is registered to the email address from which it was purchased and is non-transferable.  If you purchase 5-10 licenses, they are all yours and cannot be registered to another email address/person.

To clarify: in the actual key file we only store who the key is registered to, not their email address.  We can change the email address bound to the key in our database, for example, to correct a typo.

Also, at present, it is possible to purchase and register a key for someone else: during checkout the shopping cart s/w will ask for both a ship-to and bill-to name/address/email.  Normally these are the same; however, you can specify different ship-to information and that is what's used to generate the key and establish ownership.

Just now, limetech said:

To clarify: in the actual key file we only store who the key is registered to, not their email address.  We can change the email address bound to the key in our database, for example, to correct a typo.

Also, at present, it is possible to purchase and register a key for someone else: during checkout the shopping cart s/w will ask for both a ship-to and bill-to name/address/email.  Normally these are the same; however, you can specify different ship-to information and that is what's used to generate the key and establish ownership.

Good to know.  Is that a change?  I don't recall it being that way in the past when I purchased my keys.

4 hours ago, m.Anton said:

I repeat my question again. Is it possible to translate the interface into another language (user ui)?

Or file transfer, for self-translation.

Probably this has never been done because most user support is provided here on the forum by other users. And limetech (the Unraid company) has very limited resources. So we need a common language and it is English for better or worse. If a user comes on here with a UI in another language who is going to help them?

If you want to attempt this for your own use the github is here:

https://github.com/limetech

• Like 1

Some years ago I started working on a framework and supporting functions to allow translation of the GUI in different languages. I abandonned the project due to the massive amount of work involved and very low interest from users. Once you start translating (I did translate to my native Dutch language) you realize how much text there is and this has even grown more in the past years. Perhaps one day, who knows?

5 hours ago, trurl said:

And of course plugins would not be translated even if core Unraid was.

Interestingly, I had also asked bonienl about why no language support a few years ago, as I was contemplating having CA support it.  Project got dropped because what's the point until unRaid supports it itself.  That, and the only languages I'd be able to populate it with would be English, Pig Latin, and possible Klingon.