Help with Network issue / Hostname

Guys I feel like this should be something simple and I shouldn't have to ask for help on this...yet here I am.  I added a 4 port NIC to my UnRaid server and configured a channel-group on my Cisco 3750x switch using 802.3ad.  I had trouble getting UnRaid to use that card and after messing around, changing the interface to MAC assignments, it's working.  I have assigned the new bonded interface the same IP as I used to have which is 192.168.1.2.  I can ping 192.168.1.2 from any PC, yet my shares etc are all not working which rely on hostname.  If I try to ping the hostname "tower" It comes back as resolving to IP 192.168.1.51 yet that address does not currently exist anywhere on my network and the ping obviously fails.  All my shares can be accessed by going to \\192.168.1.2\share names, however \\tower\share names does not work.  What am I missing here?  This behavior happens on all PCs on the network not just one.  I tried ipconfig /flushdns and not change.  I have also rebooted all PCs on the network as well as the router.  Thanks a lot, Andrew

Begin by reading through this thread:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/53172-windows-issues-with-unraid/

It has a lot of information about solving SMB problems.  Perhaps, you will find a solution to yours in there.

If that doesn't do it, upload the Diagnostics File  (    Tools   >>>   Diagnostics  ).  Plus provide us information about the PC involved.  You also have to realize that MS is attempting to get of SMB1 for security reasons.  And SMB1 is required for Network Discovery to work -- Which allows \\TOWER to work!    Win10 is in a constant state of flux. It seems that any upgrade will break Network Discovery again. 

Thank you.  the issue must be SMB as you stated.  I did the below quote which I found as part of reading through your posted reference and its working now.  I think this will work for me since this PC stays on this network, and the server has a static address

"SMB is pretty good - it's just it's craptastic nameresolution that sucks. Go static IP no more problems.

*** edit

Now if you want to be smooth, just edit the c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts  .... add in your server and name, it blammo name resolution works for every windows/linux pc you fix the hosts on ."